What's new

$30 in pennies, 4 proofs and wheats

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$30 in pennies from my favorite penny bank- they didn't disappoint. Got 59, 89S, 90S, 94S proofs. Also got two solid rolls of wheats. The first was normal, but the second was excellent, all pre-40. Got three new CRH dates and my second 1909. I also am starting to pull canadian pennies out to spend in canada over the summer.

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5042.webp
    IMG_5042.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
Nice!
Proofs are rarer to find than IH's!
 
Nice score! I love that 1959 proof.
 
goldencoin said:
I also am starting to pull canadian pennies out to spend in canada over the summer.

HH
-GC
GC, glad to see you changed your picture (being from Columbus Ohio) lol! Send me a pm and we can work out a deal for all the Canadian coinage you could every want! I'd be more than happy to get rid of it, sending it back where it belongs!

Nice find on the wheats and allways a bonus to pull a proof, let alone 4! :thumbsup:
 
Yeah, I changed it back to something more metal detecting related. As for canadians, I'm still working out how to get rid of them in canada without too many fees

HH
-GC
 
goldencoin said:
I also am starting to pull canadian pennies out to spend in canada over the summer.

I'm pretty close to the border, so my fed district gets an overwhelming amount of canadian currency. In one box of quarters you'll get about a full roll of canadians. I put the quarters back, but I keep the pennies for a chemistry lab that I have plans for (I'm going to school for secondary chemistry education).
 
Electronova said:
goldencoin said:
I also am starting to pull canadian pennies out to spend in canada over the summer.

I'm pretty close to the border, so my fed district gets an overwhelming amount of canadian currency. In one box of quarters you'll get about a full roll of canadians. I put the quarters back, but I keep the pennies for a chemistry lab that I have plans for (I'm going to school for secondary chemistry education).

Hey neat, I'm in the U of M school of education becoming a secondary science major (math minor)

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom