CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have moisture in the detector and when it is a certain temp outside the screen will fog up like moisture beads up on the outside of a bottle of beer on a humid day. Not that I would know anything about this..... :laughing7:

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take and put the screen into a bag if rice. I would also take and open up the battery door, take the battery pack out and place a hair dryer on a low setting and let it sit there a minute or so and dry it out a little. Just my opinion, Tim

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can't find any rice, run down to an electronics store and get some silicate packs (like the ones that come in our other electronic toys). Take the batteries out, bag the screen and maybe even the battery box, toss some packets in, and let them pull the moisture out.

And remember, taking care of your detector is like having sex: put a good cover on it. ;D

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have had that happen a couple of times with my MXTpro leaving the MD in the back of the truck
i just bring MD indoors take the battery pack out leave the detector by a warm source over night seems to work for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions