What's new

35 diamond 14k heart pendant and more

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
6,338
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Hello to all. First of all, I worked on my trusty old Garrett this week and it is fixed. I changed out the batteries (the ones in it only had less then 15 hours on them...?), tightened the phone jack fitting, and straightened out all the transitors inside that seemed to be bent out of place. So it is not broke which was a big relief.

I worked really hard yesterday at home, cleaned the entire inside of the house (my kids are slobs...lol) and did a bunch of work outside too, trimmed the bushes, planted flowers, and mowed to lawn so today I rewarded myself with a treasure hunting trip out. I actually had to go into work for a couple hours today, so I hit some elementary schools near my work this morning and then went into work after.

It was tough going, the finds were few and far between but I persevered and worked it hard and in the end, it paid off big time. I went to three different schools and hunted about 4 hours total today. At the second school, I got my first keeper of the day, a very small broken 10k gold chain with a tiny gold cross. I'll take it, a keeper. Finally, at the third school, some finds started to surface. First, right on top under one of the benches by the play area was a sweet 12k plated heart bracelet. It must have been lost yesterday. My daughter already claimed it as her own, she loves it. It has an expandable stainless steel band like a watch band. Then a nice little 925 charm of a high heal shoe with red stones in it, nice. Finally, under a walkway bridge thingie leading from a play structure to the slide was my best find of the day. A gold heart pendant. It's hallmarked 14k and 585 and has a maker mark. I was thrilled and then when I got home and cleaned the caked mud off of it, I got a huge surprise. All the way around it, it has bagette diamonds inlaid inside the two heart shapes.... woooowhoooo! There are 35 diamonds in it all together (I counted them using my loop after I had originally posted). There is no ring to put through a chain so I guess it is meant to have the chain go through the center of the heart.

Today was filled with hearts and keys. I found six different heart pieces of jewelry and also six keys, five were very small ones and I forgot to include them in the photos. Like I said, four hours total hunt time, $6.45 total with 102 coins total, lots of hard work to get those. Tons of junk today, pounds of it...lol. I also found a lot of trinket jewelry, an English one penny, and a large rusted Swiss Army knife.

Here's some shots of today's finds with one photo of to dirty finds straight out of the pouch. I tried to get a shot of the hallmark on the heart but it didn't turn out. Thanks to you all for reading and happy hunting!!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Attachments

  • As found.webp
    As found.webp
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,459
  • May 20 T.webp
    May 20 T.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,447
  • May 20 F.webp
    May 20 F.webp
    54 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Keepers.webp
    Keepers.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Diamonds.webp
    Diamonds.webp
    53 KB · Views: 1,437
Upvote 0
Really nice stuff
 
Congrats...Every new day of hunting brings something new and wonderous !!! Keep em comin...we love those pics !!! WTG
 
Very nice finds. Congrats.
 
Nice BDoo!

Looks like those transistors really appreciated being straightened out ;)

I had quite a bit of luck in the woodchips at two parks and two schools. I've been back to each once every two weeks and nada...couple of coins, gum wrappers, but no more jewelry (not even junk).

How often do you return to the same spots? What is the approx. population of the towns where you hunt? I'm thinking my area is so sparsely populated that one or two hunts a year is all that I can expect if I want to be productive.

MP
 
Your finds are just amazing BDoo...but I am glad you dont live anywhere close to me :P..No offense Intended..... but with your finds, my meager stuff would not be around for me to enjoy if you were!!! Then again, if we were neighbors we might be Md'ing partners and I might be finding more! HMMMMMMM ;D

Awesome job AS USUAL!

~Nash~
 
Hit um hard before the summer gets here. I love the Gold and your lucky shoe.

HH
 
Awesome day. Especially the pendant. Congrats!
 
Lots of nice finds Booby.

You got some really nice lots to go over. I bet your jewlery collection is getting large.

HH Jer
 
VERY nice finds! A good day for sure!
 
Let some of your luck rub off on us BDoo, maybe then there will be a pile of finds like that from me. Great work. That's what I call a 4 hour kill.
 
Wow!!!!

At this pace you will have a 55 gallon drum full by the end of the year... ;D ;D ;D ;D
 
Digginman said:
Never quit, do ya, Dude?? Another awesome day for the "King of the WoodChips".

Congrats.

DM

Thanks DM!!! The old Garrett came through again!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
dave-enc said:
yowsa bdoo wtg on terrific finds
hh
dave+bobbie

Thanks Dave...just trying to keep up with you two.
Good luck to you this weekend.

Hi Bobbie!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
ModernMiner said:
Bdoo,
I'll be right back. I have to go get a towel to wipe the drool off my keypad. ;D
Another fantastic job. Love your posts.
Congrats,
MM

Thanks a lot MM!!! Glad you enjoy seeing my stuff, your friendly reply is definitely appreciated. Good luck out there! ;D ;D ;D

Smiles!
BDoo
 
civilman1 said:
Digginman said:
Never quit, do ya, Dude?? Another awesome day for the "King of the WoodChips".

Congrats.

DM
Definetley the King Bdoo!!!!.....never cease to amaze me,excellent work!!!!

Thanks my friend for the inspiring comment. Appreciate that buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Treasurekidd said:
Nice haul Bdoo, gold and ice, and lots of other goodies! HH!

Thank you TK!! Got to love days like this huh! Good luck to you out there!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom