3rd all time 2 center ...

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a school on my road that has little league fields near it also..it's been hit hard , but I've gotten oldies out of there over the yrs.. but yesterday I disc'd heavy... I disc'd everything but 10 to 14 and 28 and up..as I was hoping for some gold or something I couldn't pass up for high tones.. but I was in a spot I never really hunted seriously and found a toasted v nickel , so immediately I slowed down and un-disc'd everything..ended up with my 3rd all time 2 center , I have all the categories covered ..1 NICE one , 1 that was ruined by a human with a square nail ,hammer and some kind of vice , and one ruined by mother nature ...the coin had alot of detail when it was dropped , but there was bits of iron everywhere in the area so there is iron welded to it ...

I wonder if soaked in penatrating oil it'll loosen up th iron stuck to it..as I'd probably get a Date , it was in good shape when dropped
Oh well ....still a fun dig

Attachments

• Resized_20220222_122422(1).jpeg
    Resized_20220222_122422(1).jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 12

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find!! I'll take a 2-center in any shape. Most of mine have been 1864 & 65- the one on the far right looks sweet!

OP
OP
Norwichnut

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find!! I'll take a 2-center in any shape. Most of mine have been 1864 & 65- the one on the far right looks sweet!
Ya , they dont come out of the earth like that one too often, both my previous ones are 1864 ..

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a school on my road that has little league fields near it also..it's been hit hard , but I've gotten oldies out of there over the yrs.. but yesterday I disc'd heavy... I disc'd everything but 10 to 14 and 28 and up..as I was hoping for some gold or something I couldn't pass up for high tones.. but I was in a spot I never really hunted seriously and found a toasted v nickel , so immediately I slowed down and un-disc'd everything..ended up with my 3rd all time 2 center , I have all the categories covered ..1 NICE one , 1 that was ruined by a human with a square nail ,hammer and some kind of vice , and one ruined by mother nature ...the coin had alot of detail when it was dropped , but there was bits of iron everywhere in the area so there is iron welded to it ...

I wonder if soaked in penatrating oil it'll loosen up th iron stuck to it..as I'd probably get a Date , it was in good shape when dropped
Oh well ....still a fun dig
Score!!! Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread