What's new

3rd Barber of the year and a dump record that may never be broken

Twitch

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
2,359
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Picked up my 2 boxes for the week, 1st box showed a 'D' reverse Kennedy ender so I knew I wouldn't be skunked. The first role I opened had a 40%er in it so I was hoping for a box with some numbers. It didn't produce volume but it did produce some variety. Found a total of 6 40%ers, the '64-D reverse ender, a '52 Franklin, an '86-S Statue of Liberty proof (my 5th) and the 3rd to last role has a super worn rim. We guessed it would be a dateless Walker but it turned out to be a 1895-O Barber, our oldest Barber to date and the 3rd one this year out of 81 total boxes worth of halves. Very worn but no damage. Exited to see it.

Earlier in the day I was dumping some pennies, nickels, dimes and halves as a mixed load. The machine needed a bag change after I dumped a total of..... wait for it.... $0.02. That's right, 2 cents. I challenge the CRH community to report a sooner bag change.

Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Excellent, still waiting for my first barber!
 
. . . The machine needed a bag change after I dumped a total of..... wait for it.... $0.02. That's right, 2 cents. I challenge the CRH community to report a sooner bag change.

For a self-serve machine, I sometimes dump halves until there needs to be a bag change and then only dump another 999.50 after the change (just so that there isn't 2 bag changes on halves in the same visit). Rarely, but occasionally, I'll be the one that causes a bag change after a single half is counted and I know no one has put any half dollars into that counter in a week or more.

I suspect your $0.02 record will hold.
 
Thanks everyone.

And yes LooseChange, I think I'm on solid ground.
 
Boom!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4370.webp
    IMG_4370.webp
    447.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4371.webp
    IMG_4371.webp
    349.1 KB · Views: 117

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom