Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Short hunt, early Sunday AM 0745-1000, was a flat button day, another seated dime (my first 'CC' mint anything), broke the IHP drought, military items included an Eagle artillery cuff and an eagle type-set, also a fired musket ball, gilt pin pat'd. 6-21-'10, a brass drawer pull and a rabbit. The brass pull and the seated were in the same hole. The bracelet was a surface find later today.

Finds.jpg seated and ihp.jpg button backs.jpg eagle A.jpg type-set.jpg fancy.jpg pin.jpg rabbit.jpg drawer pull.jpg 14K.jpg

Upvote 25

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome digs, :headbang: you have been in the "Seated zone" for a while now. I never get tired of seeing them. Just wish I could swing my coil over another. My 1st silver, last June was an 1875 seated dime and it remains the only seated in my collection.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank L-D,

Left the area I found the buttons and IHP and headed back to my truck. On the way I thought of checking out the area I found the George III penny. The F75 was a little chattery from some electrical interference but I followed a tight high-tone and found the dime. Also in the hole, but deeper was the brass drawer pull. Not certain which I was hearing. I can't explain the seated run....wasn't sure if I'd ever find one.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Bill. I like to take advantage of the early hours to hunt. After awhile I saw another detectorist a ways off and about an hour later saw a young lady walk past with detector in-hand. Conditions were pretty sloppy, looking for things to dry out before I get out again.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks JackalopeZL1. Like your comment says "70% is getting the coil over target". Your seated is waiting for you.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank Mike. As you can see, the soil conditions caused a lot of darkening of the silver, more so that for the other two I've dug from this park. After church we went to the donut shop and I pulled the dime out to see if there might be a mint mark. A little rubbing revealed the 'CC'.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome group of digs! Love that CC mint

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank Sooper Dave. This is the park that has a lot of everything old.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that dime, nice finds all around.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very interesting finds, seated coinage and old buttons are always welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread