What's new

3rd seated liberty in same spot.

Vonclemen29

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
518
Reaction score
532
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. I'm here again with another seated liberty dime. This one's an 1841. Making me think hard now. 30cents was alot of money back then. Going back very soon. Wasn't out there long an got a good solid tone. Couldn't believe it. A disk had hit it down the center an was bent pretty bad, but the vice an a rag fixed it somewhat. Crazy though. 2 1840o, an a 1841!! Yeya! I'm posting the others as well.
 

Attachments

  • 1480638916273.webp
    1480638916273.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 1480638925668.webp
    1480638925668.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 1480638958665.webp
    1480638958665.webp
    114.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 1480638970201.webp
    1480638970201.webp
    56 KB · Views: 129
  • 1480638982591.webp
    1480638982591.webp
    128.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 1480638996779.webp
    1480638996779.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 46
They must have had some money in the 1840's or at least had one heck of a party. Sounds like you are on a great site. Congrats on those 3 seated dimes. Those are rare as hen's teeth around here.
 
Damn Congrats man!
 
Great job.. Wonder how many 3 centers are there.
 
Congrats on the 3 old seated's. I wonder what took place there ?

I know my dad found a mississippi infantry button there after I found my second one a few months ago. Thinkin maybe an old campsite. If we find more cw stuff I'm going to say that's what it was. Or an old store or something.
 
Even though damaged it's still a great find. Nice that you have a spot that keeps on giving! I'd guess an old campsite unless you are finding/hearing a lot of old square nails.
 
Maybe there was a carnival with a dime pitch game on that site........in any case, those are amazing finds!! Congratulations!!
 
Great hunting site you have stumbled across. HH
 
Congrats, that has to be very exciting.
 
Seated dimes, or Seated anything are sweet finds.
Congratulations on the incredible success that you are having.
 
Even though damaged it's still a great find. Nice that you have a spot that keeps on giving! I'd guess an old campsite unless you are finding/hearing a lot of old square nails.

Not many square nails. Some cast iron ,but mostly brass items, and copper. It's in one of our cotton fields. New property. I did find a maynard bullet, and kepi company letters. Hope it's an outpost of some sort.
 
Congratulations on the nice dimes! :occasion14:
 
Awesome!! Three seated's at one site has to mean there's still some old silver to be found.
 
Congrats on the 3 Seated coins. I'd keep at that place for quite a while.
 
Thanks. Yeah Its got me wondering if there's a lot more. Maybe it was a bunch buried, and the tractors over the years spread em out over the field. I'm definitely going back soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom