4-27 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my Tiger Shark in about waist deep water until it started acting weird like it did a few weeks back. I found a little bit of change before that. So, back to the car and switch out for the Silver Umax and work the dry sand.I ended up with just less than $3.00 along with the usual junk. It was a beautiful day to be out!

This was the only thing resembling gold, but no such luck.
4-27-09 002.jpg
4-27-09 003.jpg

Attachments

• 4-27-09 001.jpg
    4-27-09 001.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you like the Tiger Shark.Are you using it in the salt? I thought it was a fresh water unit.Just woundering i was thinking about trying a Sand shark. I have a bad case of Tennis elbow an i need to find a lighter unit or give up.I have a friend that had a Sand an loved it.Thanks...........Cotton

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
How do you like the Tiger Shark.Are you using it in the salt? I thought it was a fresh water unit.Just woundering i was thinking about trying a Sand shark. I have a bad case of Tennis elbow an i need to find a lighter unit or give up.I have a friend that had a Sand an loved it.Thanks...........Cotton
The Tiger Shark is my first underwater detector. I've had it about a year and half. I have only used it in saltwater. I like it. I mount the control box on my left hip, which lightens the load on the swinging arm. It's very sensitive to small targets. It gets pretty good depth and the batteries last forever, at least they seem to.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I got the twin to the fork you found the last time I went down there! I find spoons, forks & even a couple of trays all the time and I'll bet they come from the hotels. Are you feeling better?

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
I got the twin to the fork you found the last time I went down there! I find spoons, forks & even a couple of trays all the time and I'll bet they come from the hotels. Are you feeling better?
LOL. Yep, I've found my share of silverware down there.

I'm feeling pretty good, been back to work about a month now.

Thanks for asking. :icon_queen:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Hey Willie, I found the mate to your earring last August in Hawaii.. And I thought the same thing when I found it. GOLD! Not... :'(

Attachments

• 8-1-08-2.jpg
    8-1-08-2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 8-1-08-2.jpg
    8-1-08-2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 300

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a pretty unusual earring and to think it and its mate was found :wink: Means only one thing GOOD LUCK!

Hey Cotton, I was getting tennis elbow but on my left arm, my scoop isn't the heaviest, but its not a light weight either. I figured out what was wrong I had a loop in it that I would slip through my wrist and with my arm extended I would drag it along behind me, even in the water and with the surf at times it would jerk me around a little. Low and behold the light clicked and I started gripping it and just keeping my arm bent when I drug it around and now its all better. I have the excal hip mounted and I have the straight shaft so I am good on the other arm.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Hey Willie, I found the mate to your earring last August in Hawaii.. And I thought the same thing when I found it. GOLD! Not... :'(
Wow! Finderzz, that is too weird. With all the gold jewelry I've seen you post on here, I think you can handle a little disappointment like that. Me, on the other hand, found only 4 pieces of gold last year. I needed it to be gold :'(

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
What are you trying to say Willie... :laughing7: :laughing9: It's that little bit of greed in me that keeps me hunting harder and longer each time out. Which by the way, I found #49 Gold on the year yesterday. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
What are you trying to say Willie... :laughing7: :laughing9: It's that little bit of greed in me that keeps me hunting harder and longer each time out. Which by the way, I found #49 Gold on the year yesterday. :thumbsup:
My point exactly :icon_jokercolor:

I don't think I've found 49 pieces of gold in the 9 years that I've been detecting :'(

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread