What's new

4/8/16 1700s Farmhouses (one cellar hole abandoned in the woods, one still occupied)

Channon

Full Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2016
Messages
142
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4/8/16 1700's Farmhouses (one cellar hole abandoned in the woods, one still occupied)

So I hunted a cellar hole and my uncles house.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304059.243420.webp
At the cellar hole I found 10 buttons, which brings my total to 18, 4 were in the same hole. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304234.478478.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304244.181418.webp
I think it's because it's because they lost these.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304286.449269.webp
These three buttons are cleaning very easily and are heavy. I don't know a lot about buttons so I'm wondering if they are silver.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304357.170999.webp
I found two parts of an oxen shoe and this other one that looks like a tire weight but there was never any roads out there. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304446.093376.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304463.661430.webp
This looks like some type of handle. It's got a beautiful design on it and looks like theres wood inside.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304798.630383.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304808.231187.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304816.763162.webp
I thought this was a tool until I brushed it and saw the two holes. I'm thinking part of a hinge. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304516.246664.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304529.897426.webp
Here are some other random finds.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304578.284351.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304592.853892.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304610.240407.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304622.854286.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460304664.770507.webp
I hope you enjoy the pictures. HH!
 
Upvote 26
Try some electrolysis on those iron pieces. It'll clean them up well and then they can be sealed in wax. Seems like the sites have potential. No coins?
 
4/8/16 1700's Farmhouses (one cellar hole abandoned in the woods, one still o...

Try some electrolysis on those iron pieces. It'll clean them up well and then they can be sealed in wax. Seems like the sites have potential. No coins?

Not on this hunt. I've found 2 Connecticut draped bust, a LC, shield nickel, about 15 IH cents, and some other toasted coins at my uncles. The cellar hole produced a 1778 LC so far. I've only hunted there twice
 
Last edited:
Nice - that's a good variety from just two sits. What kind of condition was your shield nickel in? Seems like those are hard to find in good condition. My one and only didn't have a date on it.
 
Building your home in Massachusetts in 1775 just think about what was going on at that time....I can hear them talking with every hole they augered..
That knife is a killer find it may be early...And complete as far as iron..

~Blaze
 
Nice - that's a good variety from just two sits. What kind of condition was your shield nickel in? Seems like those are hard to find in good condition. My one and only didn't have a date on it.

It was pretty well done. I don't have it at my house right now. Next time I have it I'll share a picture
 
Nice hunt ! The piece with wood still in it may be a cane tip -walking stick tip---:icon_thumleft:
 
A great assortment of flat buttons there.
 
Some nice finds! Love that iron blade!
 
That decor piece with the wood inside i believe is the end of a Draping rod..

~Blaze
 
Love all the buttons and cool relics! The "handle thing" is an interesting find. Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom