What's new

4 Boxesof pennies. :(

2Cents

Full Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
I usually work FIFO but decided to take a look at some of the newer boxes. 4 Boxes of what appears to be 99.5%+ zinc. Theres a few older coins (end roll observation and I have verified they are not 2010d). The rolls are so shiny I nearly blinded myself. I'm still working through April but these were some boxes from two weeeks ago (Brinks clear wrapped from WF). I feel obligated to start working back now. Is there any copper left?

/ The Rydale has been idled...
 
Upvote 0
2Cents said:
I usually work FIFO but decided to take a look at some of the newer boxes. 4 Boxes of what appears to be 99.5%+ zinc. Theres a few older coins (end roll observation and I have verified they are not 2010d). The rolls are so shiny I nearly blinded myself. I'm still working through April but these were some boxes from two weeeks ago (Brinks clear wrapped from WF). I feel obligated to start working back now. Is there any copper left?

/ The Rydale has been idled...

What is FIFO? Your post is a bit unclear. You work at a bank? You found boxes of bright zincolns? but not 2010-D? What year are they? or do you mean they're mostly 2010-D zincolns? Yes, I've gotten boxes of full 2010-D's, you just get rid of them or sell them on Feebay.
 
SFBayArea said:
2Cents said:
I usually work FIFO but decided to take a look at some of the newer boxes. 4 Boxes of what appears to be 99.5%+ zinc. Theres a few older coins (end roll observation and I have verified they are not 2010d). The rolls are so shiny I nearly blinded myself. I'm still working through April but these were some boxes from two weeeks ago (Brinks clear wrapped from WF). I feel obligated to start working back now. Is there any copper left?

/ The Rydale has been idled...

What is FIFO? Your post is a bit unclear. You work at a bank? You found boxes of bright zincolns? but not 2010-D? What year are they? or do you mean they're mostly 2010-D zincolns? Yes, I've gotten boxes of full 2010-D's, you just get rid of them or sell them on Feebay.

FIFO = First In First Out (it’s an accounting term used to describe a method of accounting for inventory). I sharpie the date n the boxes of pennies and nickels I get. I have been accumulating for the last year so I’m still working through April pennies. I decided to look at the last four boxes of pennies I got last week. Most rolls appear to be 100% zinc. A few rolls have one or two older coins (very few). They are definitely circulated. I did look at the previous batch I picked up and it looks like the normal mix.

I have never picked up near solid boxes like this so I was a bit shocked.
 
2Cents said:
SFBayArea said:
2Cents said:
I usually work FIFO but decided to take a look at some of the newer boxes. 4 Boxes of what appears to be 99.5%+ zinc. Theres a few older coins (end roll observation and I have verified they are not 2010d). The rolls are so shiny I nearly blinded myself. I'm still working through April but these were some boxes from two weeeks ago (Brinks clear wrapped from WF). I feel obligated to start working back now. Is there any copper left?

/ The Rydale has been idled...

What is FIFO? Your post is a bit unclear. You work at a bank? You found boxes of bright zincolns? but not 2010-D? What year are they? or do you mean they're mostly 2010-D zincolns? Yes, I've gotten boxes of full 2010-D's, you just get rid of them or sell them on Feebay.

FIFO = First In First Out (it’s an accounting term used to describe a method of accounting for inventory). I sharpie the date n the boxes of pennies and nickels I get. I have been accumulating for the last year so I’m still working through April pennies. I decided to look at the last four boxes of pennies I got last week. Most rolls appear to be 100% zinc. A few rolls have one or two older coins (very few). They are definitely circulated. I did look at the previous batch I picked up and it looks like the normal mix.

I have never picked up near solid boxes like this so I was a bit shocked.

Sorry, but I'm still unclear on how you get that they're all zincolns just from looking at the plastic wraps? Even the circulated zincolns I dump, I wouldn't be able to tell they're all zincolns unless I weigh the roll. You said the rolls looked all bright so they're mostly new? like 2010-D but you said they're not? Are they 2009-D? I've gotten full 2010-D and I've also gotten boxes with mostly 2010-D with a few circulated mixed in. I will swap out the rolls so the box is all 2010-D. There's also times where the box looks like it's half 2010-D, I dump the 2010-D's along with other zincolns when it's like that. It's usually the 2010-D cents that get mixed in that causes the box to be a dump box.
 
I've never gotten a box so far that's all circulated brown zincolns. But I guess there's a first time for everything. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

If you did get those.. you didn't get the zincolns from me. I usually spend or dump in small quantities in their original plastic wraps as so banks use them.

It's pretty scary the thought that the other monster king penny searcher is out there dumping huge hoards of zincolns.
 
I'll take a picture of the boxes in the morning.

I have not busted any of the rolls open because I can just take them over to BoA in the box and deposit them like I do dimes. I keep the wheaties and copper but these don't look worth opening. I'm not sure how the whole supplier system works but there must have been a whole of new cents in the mix when they got rolled. I have not seen anything like it.
 
Here is one of the boxes:

IMG_0523.jpg
 
Good thing you have the pic.. Yikes, looks like you got a box of half 2010-D's and other zincolns. You didn't have any dark brown coins in all 4 boxes? Yeah, I would dump that. Typically at Brinks, they mix in new with the old before packaging. Fortunately, the ones I got so far are mostly all 2010-D's so I didn't have to do too much work to make them into a full box of 2010-D's. That or I got full boxes of 2010-D's as it is. I did get a box like that before, I dumped it or spend them.. it's simple not worth the time to even open them to make full rolls of 2010-D's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom