Jun 14, 2023
NW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Minelab Vanquish 440
Nokta/Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made it out for a couple hours today with five of my nephews. It was brutally cold!!!! A couple of them had hardly used a metal detector before. One of the newbies started the hunt out with the pretty IHP within about the first ten minutes and about fifteen minutes later he found the first crotal bell! Within an hour or so we had found four crotals! Theres only three in the final photo but I included a field shot of the fourth one. That nephew had to leave before got them cleaned up. The three that are cleaned all ring! There was an old church house nearby in the 1800s and we think maybe we found the hitching rack or stable! One of the other new guys also found a very crusty IHP that isn't on the picture. The nephew that started out the day now wants to buy my Vanquish 440.. I'm looking to upgrade so I think maybe I'll sell it to him! Haha

Attachments

• IMG_3842.jpg
    IMG_3842.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 23

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out for a couple hours today with five of my nephews. It was brutally cold!!!! A couple of them had hardly used a metal detector before. One of the newbies started the hunt out with the pretty IHP within about the first ten minutes and about fifteen minutes later he found the first crotal bell! Within an hour or so we had found four crotals! Theres only three in the final photo but I included a field shot of the fourth one. That nephew had to leave before got them cleaned up. The three that are cleaned all ring! There was an old church house nearby in the 1800s and we think maybe we found the hitching rack or stable! One of the other new guys also found a very crusty IHP that isn't on the picture. The nephew that started out the day now wants to buy my Vanquish 440.. I'm looking to upgrade so I think maybe I'll sell it to him! Haha
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
Hahah and here I was thinking I was lucky with my single whole bell :P tho mine is medieval (1500-1700) and my broken half is post mediaeval (expecting around 1800s)

Love those bells especially the thought of them jungling after all those years

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds !
Your Nephew's first Indian Cent is in great condition and also has a 1800's date - how cool is that ! :icon_thumright:
It's great seeing kids interested in the hobby - keep up the good work !

Good Hunting !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread