4 Silver coins and a few nice relics...UPDATED with IDs...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few hours on the fields in Bavaria this weekend. I have been hunting this field for several years now and it always gives up some great finds including my gold coin. There was a farm/hotel here from early 1000 to the mid 1600s, strange I have not found much dating the site as most finds date around the 1700-1800s after the farm was gone. Here’s a picture of the field, note the corn far left is tall, then to the right is shorter and gets taller after about 50’ again, this is where the house was.
22Sept07goldfield.jpg

Here’s the lead, 3 lead seals, 4 musket balls and a splattered 3 ring bullet. The right side middle musket ball has a stone in it as if lead was in shortage and the stone was used to make up for lead.
22Sept07lead.jpg

A large pendant commemorating the town’s 700th birthday where it stands today, was celebrated in 1950. I have about 5 of these now. The town will actually celebrate 1000 years in 2008 as it was moved about 700 meters in 1250. A unit crest from the 13th Infantry regiment. This is as close to an American Civil War find as I’ll ever get. The crest says “First At Vicksburg” referring to a battle at Vicksburg Mississippi around 1863. Top in small letters says “Forty Rounds” and under that is a US CW belt buckle. Modern but interesting. Right is a huge flat button.
22Sept07relics1.jpg

A nice little copper thimble, a small unusual button with an extra long shank, what I thought was a bent ring but looks more like a seal for a sausage link or something. A small pendant with two hearts and a flattened cane tip that was hand engraved.
22Sept07relics2.jpg

A copper coin from 1844, another dateless copper coin with a coat of arms from the 1800s and a coin from 1921, emergency money as it was called. Coins like this were soon useless during this era as inflation drove bread and other commodities up to Hundreds of thousands of German Marks, just for a loaf of bread.
22Sept07copcoins.jpg

Obverse of a nice little swastika pin. Has a sword with a swastika within an iron cross.
22Sept07swaspinO.jpg

Reverse of the swastika pin.
22Sept07swaspinR.jpg

Obverse of 4 silver coins, all in poor condition. Left is a 1745 from King Max Joseph converted into a button. Next silver is very worn and looks to be early 1800s. That tiny little silver is too beat up and worn to see anything. And another silver coin from King Max Joseph dating to 1766.
22Sept07silO.jpg

Reverse of the silver, left 1745 has a doubled headed eagle, a symbol of the Holy Roman empire that lasted into the early 1800s. A small crown above a coat of arms on the 1800s coin. Again nothing to see on the small silver. Right side the date can be seen at the bottom legend, 1766 divided by the denomination (3). Hope to get a few more hours in today. HH, Mike
22Sept07silR.jpg

Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
wow, great stuff. Coins, pins, relics, tokens.... ;D

That silver is the most worn stuff I have seen. At least you can get some details from it.

Bob

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great IDs Mike .The Rhinland area has some really good hunting but also is hit and miss in some areas. I always found the comman coins but the older stuff was usally around the older villages.Also lots and lots of 50cal shells.There are some battle field areas if you like digging musket balls by the truck load.LOL

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Mike ,
Great finds.
Are you moving a little closer to home??. I saw some local hiring here in Bamberg for contractor support, (wheel vehicle maint, etc). We are having a job fair this Thursday. I went on a excellent battlefield hunt, getting the story together.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread