Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long time since I've had a four silver day. Just received permission a few days ago to search a lot where a trailer home sat from 1950 to 1995. Not old by hobby standards, but I figured I would give it a go. Was out to the place by 7:30, and started the hunt. Was digging garbage and clad, when I got a good silver hit and dug the 1951 Roosevelt. A little bit later, along came the 1937 Merc. Somewhere a short time later I pulled the lipstick tube and pocket watch from the depths of the dirt. I had only been there about 2 hours, when the 1956 Roosevelt decided to set my detector off. I then found the Good Luck token with the homeowners name on it and her age stating she was 23. This woman was born in 1927, and the tag would have been made around 1950 making her around 90 if she was alive today. Also found the 1979 Rabies dog tag. Getting near the end of my hunting time for this morning, I decided to make one more pass before going home. I'm glad I did, because that's when the 1944 Walking Lib Half showed up. Haven't found one of these since last November. I still have about 1/4 of this lot left to search, and will be back there soon. Don't ever overlook the small places. They can hold some nice little treasures. No in situe pictures today, as my phone is at home and I'm at my daughters celebrating her 31rst Birthday. She was good enough to post the pics with her phone. Good hunting to all.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 36

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trez- all wonderful and exciting finds! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good day by anyone's standards mate. Congratulations!

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, very nice! Congrats.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and some great keepers. I would never have thought an old trailer lot would be so productive.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds, just proves you don't know where the good stuff can be found. I hunt mainly the easier to get to places now because of my health and still manage to pull out something here and there but I have to wade through the trash. congrats for sure:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silvers and relics! :occasion14:

UNERTHEN

Sep 22, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000 with 8", nel sharp, nel sharpshooter. Garrett Ace350 with 8x11 and 4.5 sniper. Garrett at propointer, garrett zlynk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver quad, with a biggie to boot. Such a rush when a whopper silver breaks the surface. 8-)

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four silvers in one hunt and one being a big one. Congrats to you Mister.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds especially for a lot that you weren't sure of! Awesome!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's fun right there. Did you get a big goofy smile on your mug? I would have. Wonderful hunt scoring all that silver. Well done.

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and some great keepers. I would never have thought an old trailer lot would be so productive.
I did not expect that either, but its in a 1940's area of town. I have passed this place thousands of times in the last 28 years that I have lived and worked in town. I have without a doubt worked older places and found a lot less in one outing. I just saw the owner out cutting the grass last week and thought "what the heck" I'll ask him and see. It worked out very nicely, and I will be back to finish it up in the next weekend or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions