40 hours on the Minelab CTX 30/30 update

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to qualify your statements when you talk about mineralized soil and the white's machines being superior. Let's face it not everybody lives or detects in culpepper va. And when you're using the white's machines in culpepper va, aren't you running in all metal and digging everthing that reasonably sized? That's ok but all metal hunting is not the only hunting to be done inside the US. I read where the CTX is doing well in birmingham al and the soil there is not weak by any means. How does the white's stack up against etrac/ CTX in other places in the US. And to add the CZ3d will crush the white's machines on silver dimes at depth at most places in the US. And the fisher f75se will find gold as deep if not deeper in a beach environment. So when you make your statements please be specific in your detecting location and soil type. I look forward to your videos, and I expect to see some comparison videos from others places around the US besides east TN, western NC, western VA. I'm sure if a metal detecting company only goal was to have the best VLF detector to detect in culpepper VA with the ability to use discrimination it could be done; however I feel that same detector would struggle at many other places in the US. And the cost of one would start approaching pulsed machines and you still wouldn't be able to get the depth of the pulsed machine.

If you truly are new to Tnet(judging by post count) and not just a different profile. You would not know that Mike has been around for a long time and a lot of his customers also hunt at the relic round up hunts etc. with him. He tested it where a bulk of his customers hunt and giving them the feedback they would be looking for. It is fair to note at the posting of this thread he was still a Minelab dealer and didn't seem to be placing the CTX3030 ahead of the E-trac in his estimation/tests. While I disagree and happen to be enamored with the CTX, it is obvious it was not about sales it was about an honest assessment.

You may not agree with it, as I have stated my findings are different as well. But to basically imply shenanigans is simply unfair.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems I'm not the only one who is suspicious.

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Norbyx and Tnsharpshooter have made reasonable requests. Post counts have nothing to do with this Horsenack. (I mean if someone is bashing or blindly following then yes, I would be suspicious. But if you research tnsharpshooter you will see that handle has been used for a while on another forum.)

I have had a T2 and it had problems in my ground, just like the V3i did. I had an Omega 8000 and it worked VERY WELL, so the brand doesn't matter to me. But what I question here is that American Brands are working great and Minelabs aren't, to put it simply. And tnsharpshooter brought up a great point regarding the story changing and running in all metal mode on the V3i. It seems parts of the story that are convenient are mentioned, while inconvenient parts (e.g. all metal) have been left out.

Something is suspicious here. I hope these soon to be released videos do not add more questions and are well done. It is important that we see the ground probe readings from the V3i as well as the ground readings from the T2Ltd. It is important that there is little to no editing out of scenes as well.

Albert

edit - Here are some videos for comparisons sake (as posted in the comparison thread):

E-Trac & V3i on an 8" Bronze coin:

E-Trac & V3i on a 7" tag encrusted in rust:

E-Trac and V3i on an 8" zinc coin:

Last edited:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason post count was mentioned, is he would not know Mike. Everyone starts at zero I am not one to judge contribution ability to number of posts.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I drew my own conclusions after reading the different posts. I have been reviewing this forum for a while just not posting. Funny thing is yesterday I received a private message (name withheld) informing me this gent has been slowly amending his original post on the CTX to maybe paint the CTX as inferior. I can read and I also have all the flagship models f75se, 2 etracs, CTX, and V3i. Where would you expect to get an unbiased opinion on a new toyota let's say? You reckon you would get a good opinion at the toyota dealer? I would say so. You reckon you could shoot over to the ford dealership and get a rave review of the toyota? Not likely. You see where this is going don't you. And no I'm not questioning anyones integrity. But I think it is important to make disclaimers like this is my opinion of the minelab XXX when compared to the white's XXX, remember I don't sell XXX.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is completely valid. The only reason I said anything was some points seemed to be leaning towards a questioning of integrity. There are just too many variables, unless the same exact machines(not models, same unit) are used by all testers, to present a persuasive argument against integrity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread