What's new

41 rosie and 43 Canadian V nickel

beerguy

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
1,193
Golden Thread
0
Location
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Manticore, Deus 2, etc.
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Went back to town to go to the auto parts store.

Stopped by my spot, found a 1941 rosie, and a Canadian 1943 nickel.

Made of a brass alloy called Tombac.

Rang like a copper penny, so the nickel size confused me.

Cool day, silver quarter, and dime and a few odd things!

1941 merc.webp1941 merc obv.webpCanada V.webp
 
Upvote 6
Those are nice additions to any collection!! Good job!!!!!!!
 
Fantastic Rosie & Candian nickel finds & congrats! Thanks you for sharing the pictures with all of us & wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Forget the Rosie--that's a Merc! I've only ever found one of the Canadian V nicks...and I live in Canada lol. Nice job
 
Oh, yeah. Got them mixed up.

I was more jacked by the Canadian coin, as I had never seen one.

I was wondering why a nickel sized object ID'ed the way it did, knew it would be a surprise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom