$430.00 in hand rolls..Its been a while..

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$430.00 in hand rolls..It's been a while..

...since I have posted any finds.

Hi All,

Not that I was keeping any secrets :wink: Its just that I have not picked up a box of halves since August. I got tired of one box every now and then having a single 40%.

So anyways my wife calls me at work on Monday and says "Honey, they have $430.00 in halves at my bank, do you want them?" I was thinking "Oh man, sounds like she found someones dumps". I told her just to buy a roll or two and she said "Nope, I'm getting them all for you". So I come home and there on the kitchen table is a box marked Quarters and Brinks all over it, the bank re-used the quarter box for my halves. Figuring that they were dumps I let them sit while I did my evening chores.

I got inside later on and I finally opened the box. As I opened it I was a bit stunned. As soon as I saw the wrappers I was 99% sure they would not be skunks. Now the wrappers were modern type - a few different ones but these may as well said "silver inside". What, you may ask, was there that told me this. Well if you have not already guessed...it was Address Labels!! Every roll had the label from the same person on it. I do not remember ever seeing any dump rolls that had ever had any address labels on them.

I open the first roll and out dropped a '67. I went through them all and one roll had seven silver in it, many had no silver, but I did end up with 2- '64's, 28 - 40%'s and one SBA dollar. Yep one roll had a dollar coin in it. I had already dumped the roll on my desk so I had mixed it before I could count it so it is possible that that roll had nineteen in halves and the dollar. So I was finally able to bag some silver before they all went to the big hoppers to be set loose on multiple banks. It was fun.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Attachments

• 11-10-08Halves.JPG
    11-10-08Halves.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread