What's new

.44 cal bullets

Dfxcobb

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2016
Messages
390
Reaction score
887
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are 3 different .44 cal I have found in past week . from bottom to r
top... first one..Colt Dragoon?
2nd colt repeating rifle? 3rd colt pistol?.. and not sure about the 2 larger..
 

Attachments

  • 20200313_200707.webp
    20200313_200707.webp
    287.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200313_200718.webp
    20200313_200718.webp
    215.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200313_200742.webp
    20200313_200742.webp
    195.9 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
IMO
The 2 larger 'look kinda' like Spencer bullets especially the one on top , I could be wrong tho .
Nice Finds .
HH & GD Davers
 
I was speaking of the picture with 2 bullets of course . :coffee2:
 
Without knowing the exact measurements they could be Hayes for Army revolver.
 
Without knowing the exact measurements they could be Hayes for Army revolver.

I think you might be right FF1,just need those all important measurements.Cool 44's :icon_thumleft:
 
thank yall
 
Your .44-caliber bullets, from left to right:
Elam O. Potter .44 (T&T#9)
Colt Revolving Rifle .44 (T&T#58)

Your two "larger bullets" appear to be .52 Sharps. I'm sure about the one on the left. The one on the right also looks like a Sharps, IF the lower body-groove is wide-&-flat-bottomed. If not, it's probably a Spencer, as Davers guessed.
 
thanks sir
 
I misread the original post and thought all of them were .44s. Thanks for setting me straight TCG.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom