What's new

5-6-08 finds

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
From today's two boxes I found 1-64 and 10-40%s. But also found 5 nice proofs: 71s, 74s, 76s (copper), and 2-85s. The 71 looks perfect and the 74 is good too. The others are worth keeping but not as good as I would like.

These coins in general were the dirtiest, most discolored coins I have ever had. There were many that were green/purple and looked like they had been on the bottom of the ocean for centuries. It made searching difficult because so many had rims that were black and looked like 40%s often do. But they were just regular clads. So I had to actually read each date to make sure I did not miss any.


Jim
 
Upvote 0
Nice Jim that is a great haul 16 keepers ...I like finding proofs they are cool looking ... :thumbsup: ,Ed
 
Scalper said:
Nice Jim that is a great haul 16 keepers ...I like finding proofs they are cool looking ... :thumbsup: ,Ed


Ed,

All the proofs came from one box, so I assume that it was from someone's collection. I was suprised there were not more 90%s if it was from someone's collection. In the past when I found several proofs in the same there were always lots of good silver coins as well.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom