What's new

5/6, 5/9, 5/13 finds

BJS in Iowa

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Found over the last couple of weeks. The little white broke I found in my garden while picking up rocks and throwing them out in the adjacent field. My wife accused me of planting it there myself. The others are creek finds. The little brown bird was barely peeking out of the sand. When I poked at it, I was amazed at the fine little point that popped out. I can't see a flaw in it anywhere. The big yellow broken one would have been a beauty of a point if whole but I like it a lot all the same. The banded point I found after a big rain. It only has the slightest of a ding on one tang.
 

Attachments

  • 0506121035.webp
    0506121035.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 0509121041.webp
    0509121041.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 0513122133.webp
    0513122133.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Nice finds there! :thumbsup: Maybe, as a pun since your wife was teasing you. Have your wife take the one in the first photo and tell her to plant it in a special spot in the garden. And wait several weeks and see if it grows into a whole new point. After a couple of days replace it with a better point, and see what materializes. :laughing7: P.S. Don't forget to fertilize! (with humor) :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Your post reminds me of a story my good friend told me. He had 8 fake points and buried them in his garden, then raked it over. He had his kids look thru it to maybe find aome arrowheads. Well, in 3 the days it took, they found 14 points!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom