What's new

5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild RE (NEW PICS OF 1909 s)

bourassa5

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
IM going to skip all of the details but here it goes

box 1- showed one wheat on the end of the rolls
35 wheats

box 2- showed two wheats
76 wheats, including a 1909 s, which I almost thought was a vbd

box 3- 5 wheats showing
201 wheats

box 4- 12 wheats showing
215 wheats

box 5-4 wheats and 1 Indian showing
149 wheats and 1 1907 very corroaded Indian (my first)

these were my best 5 box total ever with 1 Indian and well over 600 wheats
 

Attachments

  • xgdfgdfgdfg009.webp
    xgdfgdfgdfg009.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 455
  • xgdfgdfgdfg012.webp
    xgdfgdfgdfg012.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Dang you could bake a lot of bread with that much wheat
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

I have done one box of pennies it was rough, only got 5 wheats. Great job.
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Good score ! It's unbelievable that IH are still found in circulation :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

WOW.. nice job.. what are of the country you in?
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Connecticut
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

very nice, good assortment of dates?
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

:thumbsup: My best box only had 50 Wheats in it. Great Finds!
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Ok I filled in probably 5 dates with around ten with mint luster but the king of the batch was the 1909 s
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

That 1909s find is awesome. Your wheatie per box average was also off the charts.
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

WTG....that is an awesome score on the wheats :thumbsup:
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Great results!! Makes me want to try some pennies out.
- Grizz
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Very nice!!! you found some hard ones there! Congrats on the Indian and the 09S.

-K
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

can we get a pic of the 1909s
 
Re: 5 boxes of pennies yeild a large wheat feild

Yes I'll post a scann of it tonight it's got a little corrosion but looks nice, I cannot garrentee good pic quality but I'll see what I can do
 
Unbelivable, an indian at the end of a roll. There are few things in this world more amazing than that.
 
Hey coincrazed whats with you rehashing old topics for no aparent reason. If you thought the topic deserved more attention you show have explained why in your reply instead of writing in nonsense.
 
CC was off the board for a couple of weeks and is probably catching up.

Mojo
 
Sorry for the ignorance, but i see all these threads about wheat cents. What value do wheat cents hold right now beyond copper content? I understand some are more rare than others, so numismatics are involved. Also, what about pre-1960s cents? Are they worth anymore than their copper content? I'm into CRH strictly for the metal value, ie silver. Seems like a lot of effort and storage for copper.

Thanks
TD
 
tuckerD said:
Sorry for the ignorance, but i see all these threads about wheat cents. What value do wheat cents hold right now beyond copper content? I understand some are more rare than others, so numismatics are involved. Also, what about pre-1960s cents? Are they worth anymore than their copper content? I'm into CRH strictly for the metal value, ie silver. Seems like a lot of effort and storage for copper.

Thanks
TD
To each his own. I'm in this for both reasons. There are silver coins I find that I will never sell. With the new designs on the cent more attention is brought to the history of the coin. The wheatbacks in my opinion will increase in value over the next few years. I've also always preferred the older design too the monument.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom