What's new

5 dime boxes and 1 quarter box

Felixaaron

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Saturday morning i drove from bank to bank trying to find one that would give me $1000 in dimes. With little luck I had to hit 6 banks just to get 1750 in coin. I then went to a dump bank and dumped my 1750 from a previous days hunt.

One of the banks said they could only give me 1 box, so reluctantly I asked for quarter box too.

I alway open the most promising boxes last. For example if I have dimes and halves, i search the halves last. i dont do many quarters because I dont have a lot of luck so I did the quarter box first. To my surprise I ended up with 2 pre 65. That is a record quarter box, but its good to know they are still out there more than some posts imply.

With my best 1 day total yet, I yielded 2 quarters 13 rosies and 1 merc. The merc was 1916 and my heart skipped a beat as i checked for a mint mark...

It was either non-existant or completely warn off. Oh well still love finding the mercs.
 
Upvote 0
Good job been wanting to do quarters but having to many great halves lately
HH
Tom
 
ya, quarters are tough, but like you have proven, they are still out there!!! AWESOME box of quarters, and AWESOME boxes of dimes!!!!! those are great totals!!! keep it up and hh!
 
I have great luck with quarters, just not while crhing. I found 4 total crhing last year in 15 boxes. But found 3 in change, 2 in coin star machines and 2 mding. Ive already got 5 this year from one fast food restaurant.
 
I never tried quarters as all posts here led me to believe it was very very hard to find them. After multiple half box skunks I tried 3 quarter boxes. I found 2 total which is way more than I have found in 26 boxes of past 2 weeks of halves. They are still out there.
 
Like most, my quarter finds have been zero. 2 in one box is really great.

Congrats!

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom