What's new

5 year Dredging ban in Oregon Lets corporate strip mine

kitt

Full Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2012
Messages
228
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hear that they are letting The Red Flat Mining co strip mine acres of land in 2 separate locations but wont allow a small floating dredge.
Does any one have info on the ban, the strip mine or just would like to share your opinions?
 
I know this will have nothing to do with dredging but in regards of fish.
I've fished since i was a boy, I use to fish for anchovies, smelt and herring.
The past 2 years I have went out to fish for small fish to only see a few people (like 5) who were lined up along the Jetti. When I was a kid you can catch 3 or 4 fish on a jig! in 2014 I caught none!! In 2015 I caught 3!! When I was a kid Id fill a pale!
Then I read in the paper that single boats are pulling in over 2000 metric tons!!!!!! Duh Fuq???
you know salmon fry swim with anchovies smelt herring and these boats are netting them like crazy!!!!
I honestly dont get WTF is going on!!
I cant even enjoy fishing now I cant enjoy mining!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom