What's new

50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

:hello: Hi,

Sunny, with a mild wind made for a fun hunt today, but pickins were slim.

Hunted wet sand as the tide was rolling out at a very old beach.

Found clads, a "44 "Mercury " dime, and a small silver piece of jewelry with bogus "Bling". :'(

Here's pics from the 3 hr. hunt.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1285.webp
    DSCF1285.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 462
  • DSCF1288.webp
    DSCF1288.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 468
  • DSCF1293.webp
    DSCF1293.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

Amazing weather huh Lorraine? Glad someone was able to take advantage of it..... Is it really January? Nice finds but how do you clean up your jewelry, you do such an amazing job with them.

Cliff
 
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

cdv1 said:
Amazing weather huh Lorraine? Glad someone was able to take advantage of it..... Is it really January? Nice finds but how do you clean up your jewelry, you do such an amazing job with them.

Cliff

Thank you , Cliff..

Although I put silvers like these in the "melt-down " box for ARA, I do like to clean the items to see them shiny....I clean them with a mix of Tarn-X and baking soda, and then shine them with "jeweler's rouge" ( the black crayon)
 
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

Lorrain. said:
cdv1 said:
Amazing weather huh Lorraine? Glad someone was able to take advantage of it..... Is it really January? Nice finds but how do you clean up your jewelry, you do such an amazing job with them.

Cliff

Thank you , Cliff..

Although I put silvers like these in the "melt-down " box for ARA, I do like to clean the items to see them shiny....I clean them with a mix of Tarn-X and baking soda, and then shine them with "jeweler's rouge" ( the black crayon)

I was going to say...
What in the world do you do to your silver to cause it to pit up like that.
Almost looks like you dunk it in sulfuric acid....
 
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

TORRERO said:
Lorrain. said:
cdv1 said:
Amazing weather huh Lorraine? Glad someone was able to take advantage of it..... Is it really January? Nice finds but how do you clean up your jewelry, you do such an amazing job with them.

Cliff

Thank you , Cliff..

Although I put silvers like these in the "melt-down " box for ARA, I do like to clean the items to see them shiny....I clean them with a mix of Tarn-X and baking soda, and then shine them with "jeweler's rouge" ( the black crayon)

I was going to say...
What in the world do you do to your silver to cause it to pit up like that.
Almost looks like you dunk it in sulfuric acid....


No, Torrero,

These coins are extremely pitted when I find them...from the salty ocean water.

They are worth only their silver content.

I just send them in for melt value

Lorraine
 
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

darn that bogus bling! With all this chat of cleaning silver you've inspired me to shine up some of my finds - good to see your thermometer wasn't through the floor today Lorrain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom