6/27 Short Hunt

On the way out I found this chert cobble hammerstone I walked right past earlier. It's shaped and polished like a discoidal or mano, maybe multipurpose.

Nice finds Thirty7! That biffy is a sweet point, and the grinding stone is really cool.

Love the serrations on that one. That cobble is cool. You can almost see where they were testing the stone to see what they had.
Nice finds!

If I had to guess I would call that first one a horse shoe :icon_scratch:
:tongue3:

That bifurcate is super fine. Wouldn't it be Fox Valleyish with those upswept barbs??

That is also really interesting how that hammerstone has exfoliated like that. Especially around the peck marks. Well done man.
Chuck

TnMountains said:
Love the serrations on that one. That cobble is cool. You can almost see where they were testing the stone to see what they had.
Nice finds!

Thanks buddy, yeah I think it's really interesting how the outer rind or cortex has recorded the usewear and decisions of the ancient dude who used it.

You sure do have a good eye for spotting those hard to see points. Nice finds! :D

ohio said:
That bifurcate is super fine. Wouldn't it be Fox Valleyish with those upswept barbs??

That is also really interesting how that hammerstone has exfoliated like that. Especially around the peck marks. Well done man.
Chuck

Yes sir, I believe the upswept shoulders would make it a Fox Valley biffy. Thanks Chuck.

Appreciate all the comments and replies everyone. Good luck and happy hunting.

Another killer hunt,you are slayin em good!That bif is top shelf imo,very nice find.Man the horseshoe always comes thru,I usually fill my pockets when I come by a shoe.As always killer footage!!! :headbang:

Man Ryan that serrated bifurcate is nice!!! Great find!!!........................................Chris

creek astronaut said:
Another killer hunt,you are slayin em good!That bif is top shelf imo,very nice find.Man the horseshoe always comes thru,I usually fill my pockets when I come by a shoe.As always killer footage!!! :headbang:

There's something about the horseshoes, I'm not superstitious but every time I come across one during a hunt it has been a good one. Appreciate the comments dude, good luck in the creeks, not like you need it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back