What's new

6 box search 8/14/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Searched six boxes of halves today. Here are the results

5994x clad
2x 1964
1x 1965
1x 1966
2x 1967

Should have gone on a road trip :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
adambomb106 said:
What are you going to do with the 6 crappy ones you found? Have you decided which bank to dump them?

People who search that much do indeed have dump banks and they are not going to give specifics like that. It is well known around these parts that certain sensitive information will not, shall not & should not, be shared.

No one here will divulge delicate information that could impact their own search.

We all share information on tactics and coins and such. But never our exact bank locations or bank names unless it's a national type bank like Chase or B of A since it would be hard to pinpoint someones location based on that.

If I were to say that I dump all my coins on "Bank of Joe" at 5Th & Wallnut in Boston. That would be like inviting all the lurkers that live in the Boston area to dump their coin at their dump bank and it would be cut off in no time.

The fact is that anyone who enters the game will have to establish a dump bank. Preferably one that has a self serve coin counter in the lobby or accepts bagged coin. This takes time and a lot of visits to banks around your area.

When I first started I used to re roll and spread my dumps around. But that in itself limited my ability to search large quantities and I wasn't really comfortable with asking for halves at the bank I just dumped on.

Once I discovered the banks with the self serve coin counters I immediately expanded my hunting to ordering multiple boxes and not just looking for whatever I could find on road trips. Plus after I take the receipt for the S.S.C.C. I can still ask for loose halves and in some cases purchase boxed coin.
( but ordering boxed coin from your dump bank is not a good idea cause they know your just going to dump them in their machine. )

Allways keep separate, your buy and dump banks as a rule unless you got some sweet deal like a couple of these guys..... not me.

Hope this helps.

Mojo
 
I prefer the coin machines as well. I really don't want to leave a dump that someone else gets stuck picking up. Plus a few indicriminate dumpers have unloaded their junk on good producing banks ruining them.
 
coinmojo said:
adambomb106 said:
What are you going to do with the 6 crappy ones you found? Have you decided which bank to dump them?

People who search that much do indeed have dump banks and they are not going to give specifics like that. It is well known around these parts that certain sensitive information will not, shall not & should not, be shared.

No one here will divulge delicate information that could impact their own search.

We all share information on tactics and coins and such. But never our exact bank locations or bank names unless it's a national type bank like Chase or B of A since it would be hard to pinpoint someones location based on that.

If I were to say that I dump all my coins on "Bank of Joe" at 5Th & Wallnut in Boston. That would be like inviting all the lurkers that live in the Boston area to dump their coin at their dump bank and it would be cut off in no time.

The fact is that anyone who enters the game will have to establish a dump bank. Preferably one that has a self serve coin counter in the lobby or accepts bagged coin. This takes time and a lot of visits to banks around your area.

When I first started I used to re roll and spread my dumps around. But that in itself limited my ability to search large quantities and I wasn't really comfortable with asking for halves at the bank I just dumped on.

Once I discovered the banks with the self serve coin counters I immediately expanded my hunting to ordering multiple boxes and not just looking for whatever I could find on road trips. Plus after I take the receipt for the S.S.C.C. I can still ask for loose halves and in some cases purchase boxed coin.
( but ordering boxed coin from your dump bank is not a good idea cause they know your just going to dump them in their machine. )

Allways keep separate, your buy and dump banks as a rule unless you got some sweet deal like a couple of these guys..... not me.

Hope this helps.

Mojo


No offense Mojo, but I think you wasted your time typing an eloquent reply and you entirely missed the sarcasm (joking nature) of this poster's post. I think the 6 he was referring to were the six keepers.

This is just my take on his post.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
No offense Mojo, but I think you wasted your time typing an eloquent reply and you entirely missed the sarcasm (joking nature) of this poster's post. I think the 6 he was referring to were the six keepers.

This is just my take on his post.

Jim

None taken.

Practicing my writing and typing skills. Ya never know. Thought it would help a newbie.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom