What's new

6 more hrs @ 1860s house, still producing, and a first to check off the list

Jaichim24

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
603
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 more hrs @ 1860's house, still producing, and a first to check off the list

Well, for about the last month I've been pounding this one site with great success. After finding another Merc and 2 V-nickels in my second pass of an area of the yard the finds are starting to slow down in the yard area. I decided to hit the woods a bit and am glad I did. I pulled out a bunch of bullets including an intact one. Also a pretty cool BPOE medal from 1912. So, the 7 wheaties added to the 26 I already found gives me a total of 33 wheaties and 4 mercs and a silver ring. Not the best silver to wheatie ratio, but the cool relics more than make up for it. Surprising with the date range of the relics I've found that I have yet to find some barbers, or earlier coins. Here are links to the first two posts if you're interested:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,362890.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,368405.0.html

I'm hoping some people could chime in on the type/name, and date range of manufacture of the bullets, specifically the intact one. There are no markings stamped on it at all, so I'm assuming they are pretty old. What type of gun was it used in?

Also, does anyone have any information on the 2 piece button? It looks like it has the letters A S, or S A on it, with stars around the border. The back is iron, so I think it is probably later 1800's. Does anyone know what the letters stand for? Could this perhaps be a military button?

Lastly, call me simple, but I finally found an item I've always wanted at this site, the clay marble! I don't know, I see people post finding them from time to time and I always tell myself I hope I find one someday. You can even see the remains of 3 blue stripes on it. A pretty simple, but very cool item to me, and something I've always wanted to find! Does anyone know about how old it is, how they made them etc?

Thanks all for your feedback and enjoy the pics.

Jai

****UPDATE - Posted the button on the "what is it" forum and it was ID'd as a "Son of Civil War Veteran" button, here's the link:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,369325.0.html
 

Attachments

  • 100_1942.webp
    100_1942.webp
    70 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 100_1945.webp
    100_1945.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • 100_1947.webp
    100_1947.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • 100_1950.webp
    100_1950.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,078
  • 100_1961.webp
    100_1961.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,078
  • 100_1952.webp
    100_1952.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 100_1963.webp
    100_1963.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 100_1954.webp
    100_1954.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 100_1955.webp
    100_1955.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 100_1956.webp
    100_1956.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 100_1958.webp
    100_1958.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 100_1957.webp
    100_1957.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,039
Upvote 0
Re: 6 more hrs @ 1860's house, still producing, and a first to check off the list

Some really cool finds and in particular the bugle.
 
Re: 6 more hrs @ 1860's house, still producing, and a first to check off the list

wow good site keep going
 
Re: 6 more hrs @ 1860's house, still producing, and a first to check off the list

great relics!!!!!! MR TUFF
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom