What's new

6th time out with new machine produces

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
1,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple weeks ago I pulled the trigger buying the Garrett's ATX. Due to the after use maintenance I have only used it on my days off. Today was day 6. Probably 16 hours in total. I was really focusing on pin pointing today and I think I got it down. Regardless, my luck continues and I managed to recover about $5.00 in US and local equivalent.

The prize today was a 18K/PLAT band @ 14 grams.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0957.webp
    IMG_0957.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0961.webp
    IMG_0961.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 474
Upvote 0
nice recovery .... those new garrett's are coming up with some nice finds ..
 
Killer ring, very nice wtg
 
Nice! That's a keeper for sure.
 
Nice digs. Nice ring.
 
That is a super ring! 14 grams is a monster! Big congrats!
 
Gorgeous Plat ring find, tnt!:notworthy:
Great job out there!

Lorraine
 
looks like your machine is paying off. Good luck out there
 
Nice work on the ring. .
The trick to the maintenance is to flip the lever below the handle and twist to expose the shaft then just flush from the inside out with fresh water, it gets all the crap out of the fittings
 
Nice ring. I was down your way last winter. I had an awful time with Curacao pennies. The darn things were everywhere I was detecting and they were small enough to fall through the holes in my scoop. The spots that I tried were not the best because they dredged the sand every year. The people were wonderful and my wife loved it because she is Dutch. I will try a different ABC island or resort next year.
 
Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]
Nice work on the ring. .
The trick to the maintenance is to flip the lever below the handle and twist to expose the shaft then just flush from the inside out with fresh water, it gets all the crap out of the fittings

Thanks for the info. I'll try that out. I did buy a couple strap wrenches just in case the cam locks get locked up on me.
 
That's a beautiful ring...heavy too...congrats on a great find
 
That ring is awesome
 
Nice ring. I was down your way last winter. I had an awful time with Curacao pennies. The darn things were everywhere I was detecting and they were small enough to fall through the holes in my scoop. The spots that I tried were not the best because they dredged the sand every year. The people were wonderful and my wife loved it because she is Dutch. I will try a different ABC island or resort next year.

Since I shallow water hunt with an Excalibur with a hard wired 10" DD search coil, I prefer using the TREX stand up water scoop with the wide (harder to pin point with a DD coil) stainless steel open basket in up to waist deep water.
The smaller grid pattern in the basket catches smaller targets and drains well.

When I shallow water hunt deeper than waist deep, or where it is necessary to dig close to coral ledges /rocks I use a Sunspot classic sugar sand stand up water scoop. I can get closer to reef ledges with the sharp Vish Eurotip point than I can with a TREX which has a shield/shovel like tip, and the straight handle of the classic scoop provides more leverage when it is necessary to pry rocks. The smaller hole pattern at the bottom of the classic sugar sand scoop will catch smaller targets but does not drain well in other than fine sand conditions. Almost forgot, I am able to hunt deeper with the classsic as it has a longer handle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom