6X10 Coil.......but by who?

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
Get the White's 6x10DD Eclipse.You might talk to your dealer and see if you can just swap the coils when you buy your detector.That's what I did when I bought my MXT and then in addition,White's sent me a coupon for $100 and I put $20 with the coupon and got an additional coil.

Eclipse 6x10.........

Attachments

• 6x10 pic.jpg
    6x10 pic.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 508
Skelly,
Like the others have advised GO with a White's coil. In Stock form I think the machine comes with the 12" Spider Coil and it is supposed to be a good coil. I'm not certain of what construction the Spider coil is, that is elliptical or some special layup of the internal wiring, but the DD 6 x 10 is a double D configuration coil and I believe it's construction purpose is for good separation of multiple targets in trash areas but check that out to be sure. Ask White's, give them a call.

Also, whites is having a coupon sale right now so check out what they have going for the MXT Pro. AND, be sure to obtain price quotes for the setup you want from mail order houses and take those quotes with you to your dealer to see if the dealer will match or beat the online quotes. When you purchase local you can return to the dealer for help. And, finally see if there is a detecting club in your area and attend a few meetings and ask around as to what the locals use and why.

Good Luck with your purchase, have fun, read the manual, re-read the manual, practice, practice, practice, plant a test garden (coins, foil, nails, etc.) and use it to see how your machine reacts to the targets, be sure to plant each article far enough away from the other targets like 2' away.

Final note: Good earphones are worth the expense and so is a good electronic target probe as well as a good digger like a Lesch.
Regards, 63bkpkr

My coil came in today along with the Garrett pro pointers. The Pro pointers seem really nice. Now waiting for my Colt Match Target A3 to sell and I will be getting the Mxt Pro very soon. Thanks for all of the advice.

My MXT PRO came in about 2 weeks ago,,,,still learning it. It does have more depth thats for sure.

Skelly607 said:
How much depth should I get from the 6x10?
As always, that will depend on your gain which will depend on your ground and other factors such as EMI,etc. In optimum conditions (stable @ max gain) I've gotten decent signals with pretty accurate ID down to 7-8". For the most part you can expect to clean up targets down to 4-6" all day with that coil..Just my personal experience. Good luck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back