What's new

7/3/2023 New Permission...

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was excited to hit a new permission yesterday. I had been looking forward to detecting this property for weeks. It's a little more than an acre with two homes, the first a stone home built in the late 1700's. That home burned in the 1960's and all that's left are partial walls. The basement was filled in years ago. The second, a two-story log home built in the early to mid 1800's. The property owner is family, so I spent an hour or so shooting the breeze.

Once I got started, I was blown away. All I could hear was iron. Everywhere I swung, iron. I finally hit a high tone, dug a wheel weight. Half an hour later I hit another high tone, a pull tab. Another high tone in the final half hour, a small copper sheet. What a bummer. If only I had more time to do a slow methodical search. Next time...
 
Don't give up. There's gotta be some goodies hiding there somewhere....
 
If it's that infested I would use a sniper coil
 
If it's that infested I would use a sniper coil
I'll most likely use my IM19 7.5"x4" coil on the Impact. Also just bought an LG15 for my Legend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom