7 hours = 5 pieces

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
Not the haul I expected after a 20" snow melt but I'll take it. All in the same creek, It wasn't as washed out as I expected. Notice the large one has 2 different styles of notches. Looking closley I believe the angled one is the intentional notch the straight looks like it stoped due to a high spot in the meterial, but thats just my best guess. Any opinions or typology?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2-21.jpg
2-2111.jpg
2-21 hamerstone.jpg

This darn thing got my heart racing for about half a second!
7.jpg
77.jpg

Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Those are very nice! I wish I could help you on the type but all I can do at this point is gawk :o. LOL

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Nice looking finds. it's fairly common to see points notched a different angles because of material defects or thick spots. That's a nice find.

I dont think snow melt works quite as well as a good gully washer since it's more gradual and happens over a few days. The creeks were running a little high but not like a big rain. Once those big rains come it should be good hunting as the freeze/thaw can loosen points out of banks.

Hippy

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Congrats Iowa buddy good stuff I like it all glad you could find your area huntable after the snow cleared up nice wide point with conflicting notches a goodie for shure, if I only had nickle for every heartbreaker leaf I have picked up.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
I really like the broad, white side notched point. That insitu is great!

Chuck

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20" Wow! Sounds cold to me :laughing9: Nice finds ATV. I bet you will find even more. Glad you are back hunting :icon_sunny:

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
nice finds atv sounds like more of the white stuff is heading your way, have you ever hunted the illinois side across from burlington. we used to farm along the drainage ditches outside of gulfport illinois and grandfather found some neat points back in the 50s. ill try to post them when i can get ahold of them.

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Hey fellow creek hunter....you are just a bit up the road from me.....

Nice looking points....I've been finding a few but we need a good gullywasher here to purge out the leaves and mix things up a bit.

OP
OP
all_atv

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
Thanks for the coments everyone, sounds like more snows on the way tonight so more cabin fever.
Mad cow, lol I have been over there by gulfport a friend has a cabin on the river a few miles up. But Iv'e never hunted around there. Would like to see points from the area though.
Ya archer were neighbors. The snow dos'nt mix the small ditches well, but the bigger creeks should be good when the water gous down more. All those ice chunks digging around in the banks and bottoms!

Attachments

• dsmoinesice.jpg
    dsmoinesice.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 210

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread