What's new

7" round concentric coil?

Vern2

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello
Anyone using the Tesoro 7" round concentric on a Deleon, Cortes, or any other Tesoro?

If so, just wondering if this is a coil you would recommend.

I've got a 7" concentric on my Red Racer, and love it. I thought since my DeLeon is my main squeeze, I ought to give her one too.
 
I use it on the Mojave. Not much depth, but incredible separation! :skullflag:
 
Terry, I like that. "Incredible seperation. " I favor seperation over depth.
Thank you.
 
I've used it quite a bit on my DeLeon with good results. Slight depth loss, but not excessive.
luvsdux
 
Well, I think I'll order one tomorrow. Like I said, I love the 7" on my Racer. I believe I'll like it even better on my DeLeon.
 
Just to clarify, are you talking about the old white thicker 7" or the new Mojave 7"?
 
Stoofs, I don't rightly know. I ju add t know I want a 7" round concentric coil for my Deleon.

I am having trouble finding one at a retailer, do it appears I'll have to order from Tesoro. The retailers have the widescreen, but not the concentric.

Please tell me more.
 
I have the older 7" on my Compadre and the newer one on my Mojave.
Can't say I can see a huge difference in separation at all, both seem excellent on their respective units.
The Mojave is actually getting deeper in my rough soil by several inches than my Compadre ever could but I think that is a function of the different electronics...not the coils.
My soil is pretty mineralized too and the new concentric seems to be dealing with it very well, (again, could be the Mojave electronics), but either way I would opt for the new one between the two if it were me.
I would switch them around for you for more data if I could but the coil is hardwired on the Compadre so a no go on that experiment.

Also the older 7" I believe was always an actual 5.75-6" coil in a bigger body.
Most targets don't sound off until they are inside the edge about 1/2 to 1" for me on the Compadre.
On the Mojave the wires seem to be placed more near the edge so a true 7" in my mind.
 
Last edited:
Stoofs, I don't rightly know. I ju add t know I want a 7" round concentric coil for my Deleon.

I am having trouble finding one at a retailer, do it appears I'll have to order from Tesoro. The retailers have the widescreen, but not the concentric.

Please tell me more.

If you want the Mojave 7" concentric, yeah, Rusty has them I'm sure. One on ebay also....

The 7" white is the widescan, I assume you dont want....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...oro 7 coil&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo&_udhi=120

Hey! I see Tesoro changed the brown 7" Epsilon coil to white!

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

Yeah, confuse everyone more than they already are........
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Digger. I believe I should go with the 7" concentric precision coil, like on the Mojave. Newer technology and probably a tad lighter.
 
Thanks guys. Just ordered one.
 
7" round precision concentric. Not the old 7", the new obe, like on the Mojave. 5 pin. $106.00 shopped, with coil cover.
 
7" round precision concentric. Not the old 7", the new obe, like on the Mojave. 5 pin. $106.00 shopped, with coil cover.

Great.

It just threw me it's white on their website now, was brown.
 
It appears I ordered the brown one. I am guessing they are the same, just different colors.
If someone can tell me a good reason why I should have ordered the white one, I'll return the brown one without even opening the packaging.

I did find a white one on ebay, but it stated 4 pin. Gotta have 5 pin on Deleon.
 
I saw a video from overseas on YouTube that the Mojave there (and possibly the new accessory coil if bought at the right place) was in a white housing
 
This is the truth. At least it seems to be.

7" concentric coil for DeLeon will always be brown, like on the Mojave.

6" widescreen always white.

On Tesoro's website, the 7" concentric is pictured as white. Click on the pic and it turns brown. A tiny bit confusing, but I am guessing Tesoro reps like to challenge our minds. They probably keep a chart on their wall keeping score of the calls .
 
Last edited:
My mojave (2) both came with the black housing so I'm not sure what color they are as an accessory coil.
 
The long term 7" 5 pin concentrics and DDs are white. At least until they become discolored from age or use.
luvsdux
 
After an 8 day wait, I finally received my 7" concentric coil.
It is not white or brown, it's black. Just like in the pic on the Tesoro site.

I like it. Perfect weight, feels just right on the mighty DeLeon.

Did some air tests and ground tests. Just as deep as any of my other coils. On my stock coil and the 5.75, nickels always ring up at 34-35, pretty consistantly.
Not with this coil. 39-40-41.
Now I have to wonder where pull tabs will ring as. I'll test it of course, but I'm thinking 42-43-44. We'll see very soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom