What's new

8-10 finds from Mussel Fork more pot schards

diggerfororo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
709
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I ventured back to the washed out area inside the levee and found several more pieces. The grass and weeds have grown but not to bad. I found quite a few flakes and 5 pieces of pottery.(1 has a nice pattern) All the points were broken but it was a fun hunt anyway.

Les
 

Attachments

  • MVC-017F.webp
    MVC-017F.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 285
  • MVC-018F.webp
    MVC-018F.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
Hi Les, You've done really well, hopefully someone who is a fanatic on pottery, will identify your shard with the pattern on.
Congrats on your super finds. Broke or not, any finds are good finds, gives us inspiration to hunt more.
Well done.

Molly. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 247
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 240
Wow, still a great hunt something whole will come out of there! :D
 
Thanks for the replies folks. I can't wait till they till this area this fall. There might be some goodies just out of sight.

Les
 
Hopewell pottery and the points appear woodland also. I'm too lazy to type more.......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom