8-7-06 beach finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got down to the beach at about 10 a.m. I left about 6 p.m. I had to seek shelter under a pier with a bunch of tourists due to a wicked thunderstorm. I got drenched trying to get to the car during what I thought was a break in the storm. The first time I don't bring my rain jacket because I remember the weather man saying "slim chance of rain." Slim chance, yeah right. No big deal, the rain lasted for about 40 minutes and cooled things down nicely. I found $6.45 in clad, a little below par because of the rain delay. I found my first canadian nickel not far from a penny found on top of the wet sand. Not far from that, I found a penny about an inch down in wet sand. It was kind of unusual because my machine doesn't like wet sand. I found a gold earring with the only mark on it was SKL, so I'm not sure if it's real. Either way I was happy.

Attachments

• 8-7-06 beach finds 001.jpg
    8-7-06 beach finds 001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 479
  • 8-7-06 beach finds 002.jpg
    8-7-06 beach finds 002.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im getting tired just looking at all that digging........But the sand makes it a little easier! WTG

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I love the beach. HH Bill.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Willie, just noticed something funny... I not sure what it goes to but its the piece between the screw and the zipper pull.
Its sounds like you were by pier 60 and clewawater beach. I found the same piece twice. Whatever its from must be cheaply made.

Paul

Palm Harbor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread