What's new

8/9, $1100 in handrolled dimes

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Called ahead to find $600 at bank A, and $500 at bank B.
I think bank A has pickers, as the $600 gave up zilch.
Bank B, on the other hand produced 9 silvers.
Two keeper Canadians out of about 50 slugs.
Anyone familiar with Roll X? It smelled musty old, and gave up three silvers, a couple toners. I was hoping for a few of those Roll X's, but no dice. ffd
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1202 [640x480].webp
    IMG_1202 [640x480].webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_1202 [640x480].webp
    IMG_1202 [640x480].webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1205 [640x480].webp
    IMG_1205 [640x480].webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_1206 [640x480].webp
    IMG_1206 [640x480].webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Nice Score! Never seen those types of rolls before. I'm starting to find that I'm picking up dimer dumps lately.
You can tell when you get those rolls that feel like they have been re-used a few times, and of course have no silver.
HH
Rich
 
I get those "Roll-X" wrappers quite often. Nothing ever good though :'(
 
Ditto on the dime dumps....this weekend I got an entire Brinks box that was picked through. You could tell because it was a skunk and some of the rolls were loose, indicating that someone worked the silver out of the shrinkwrap roll and then worked the rest of the clad coin back in.

:o

On a positive note, I did find silver dime number 250 today!!!! :headbang: I may give dimes a rest for a while and start back up with quarters. I firmly believe that quarters are still uncharted territory. I've had some success with them on the few occasions that I have searched them (recently found a '34 Washington in a $500 box).

HH,
cuttybce
 
Awesome finds.

The only Rolex I've heard of was a watch. 8)
 
nice finds!
as for the roll, ive gotten rolls similar to those, only they were rapco brand...but very similar.
keep it up and hh!
 
I would stick with Bank B. 9 from 6K is a great ratio. You may try some quarters from there. Or nickels.
 
dave5710 said:
I would stick with Bank B. 9 from 6K is a great ratio. You may try some quarters from there. Or nickels.
9 from 6,000 is a bad ratio, 9 from 600 is a gr8 ratio! :laughing9:
sorry, just had to be annoying and point that out! :tongue3:
keep it up and hh!
 
I was talking coins, not $ CC. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer. Take care.
 
fistfulladirt said:
Anyone familiar with Roll X?

I think that "Roll-X" is one of a number of brands of paper coin tubes sold at retailers like Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, etc. The reason this one was good is because it is probably an old hand-rolled tube.


-Arkham House
 
Thanks for the replies everyone! Dimes are a blast and if you search volumes, there's a lot of variety. ffd
 
Nice score fistfull
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom