Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same issue as this guy does. Doesn't pick up high coins on the side in multi, but picks up the low value ones in multi. When I go to single frequency like the video, it hits the high value coins on the side. ???

Anyone else having this issue? What about the 600's?

Have you tried it with a buried coin? because I didn't have problems in my test garden, I'll check again but i have a half dime on edge at 6 inches a dime on edge at 6 inches, a quarter on edge at like 8 inches(all silver). No half dollar yet in my garden though. But I suspect that because its not in the soil and that its so close to the coil the signal may be "wrapping around" due to an overload. Either way this doesn't concern me. How many half dollar on edge at 2 inches will I be swinging over anyways? Bet you cash money that it would hit buried at like 4-8 inches on edge.

OP
OP
S

SlashRacer

May 11, 2018
Otsego, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a quarter for my test. Yes, it was an air test, but when I had it in the single freq's, it hit it every time no matter what freq it was in.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "2" modes will hit harder on coins on edge because they are higher frequency biased and set up to hit smaller profile targets and mid-conductors. If you are really worried about missing ALL those edge on coins, then use Park or Field 2. You will still hit high conductive targets ok. If you are able you should hit a site with two different modes (e.g., Park 1 and Park 2). If you use single frequency, then you lose ALL the other benefits of Multi IQ including no iron bias, less forgiving performance if ground balance is not dead on, and you limit yourself to the targets that are optimal for the single frequency you choose. Single frequency renders the differentiation between the Park and Field modes moot. In other words, the unique Multi IQ profile is primarily what defines the performance difference between the modes (if you set all other user settings equal such as discrimination pattern, number of tones, tone breaks, and recovery speed the same). So by going to single frequency you disable some of the advantage of having the machine in the first place. So I would use the "2" modes in Multi IQ if you are really worried about on-edge coins and you will not lose the other advantages Multi IQ brings to the table. HTH

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zPs4GWNvB24" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread