What's new

$85.75 in coin results

stu123

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
some rolls of quarters, some rolls of dimes, some halves and 2 rolls of pennies
Pennys:
1964D X 3
1960
1969s
1982 D BU
2002 cayman Islands copper that was in a roll of dimes
$30 in uncirculated rolls of halves (2001 P, 2001 D, 2008 D)
& something else I'm showing off, a hobo quarter I made last week.

Are the uncirculated halves worth that much over face?
10~10~1.webp
 

Attachments

  • 10~10~2.webp
    10~10~2.webp
    193.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 10~10~1.webp
    10~10~1.webp
    180.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 10~10~2.webp
    10~10~2.webp
    193.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 10~10~3.webp
    10~10~3.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 10~10~1.webp
    10~10~1.webp
    180.7 KB · Views: 316
  • 10~10~2.webp
    10~10~2.webp
    193.3 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
Keep the halves! Those are directly from the mint. :thumbsup:
HH
Gilbert
 
The halves have value since they're in mint issued paper rolls... don't open them

It's strange that those mint issue paper rolls have higher values. I'm suprised no one tried to print fake paper US mint rolls and fill them with uncirculated 2001 halves for a premium.. Seems easy to do since it's kind of a joke that such a product gets sold for a higher price. I'm not giving anyone ideas I hope. I never cared for those in the US mint wrappers. People pay higher prices for US mint paper product not the coins. Kind of a sham by the mint. If they want to make money manufacturing products .. they should just manufacture a very low population coin (special design attractive coin for a low mintage of like 50 total coins) & get it graded ms 69 or 70 by PCGS to sell to millionaire collectors at auctions. That way they're creating a rarity like the 1933 St. Gaudins coin. They should sell the very low pieces to rich collectors like Gary Buss (LA Lakers owner who has every US coin in his collection) for one million a piece at an auction. This would net like 50 million dollars of revenue for the government for health reform. WOW.. what a great idea.. call the mint.

Anyhow the pennies are worth their copper values. They're worth it if you have a TON of them.. right now they go for about $65 per $50 face value on Feebay (Ebay). Not much else. The "S" mint pennies aren't worth anymore than the other copper ones. Out here in the westcoast & SF bay area.. I get "S" mint 1968-74 pennies all the time. If anyhere want to buy any from me let me know and I'll start saving them.. hope this helps.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom