8mm footage of Dec 7, 1941

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I found footage on 8 mm of the Pearl Harbor attack on Sunday, December 7, 1941.

I have an 8 mm player, and I was able to confirm it by watching it.

I will not post a video, only because it is very sad and very scary. However, if you guys want me to, I will. Just be warned, it’s sad and scary.

Here are some pictures of parts of the footage.
1070581D-2D4C-4A40-A53F-C30B8B9C35F8.jpeg

66477365-D156-4E87-B9AC-BE1292E7E31E.jpeg

That’s the USS Arizona.

Unbelievable. I can’t believe I found this.

Anyway, that’s all. I just wanted to share.

Jared

Upvote 9
OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see it if it's an original unedited version of the event. It's history and not all history is pleasant. It's good to see things as they happened.

I’m going to let you know right now, it looks edited. On the first few frames, it says that it is official navy footage.

I can still post it, if you want. Give me about 20 minutes.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Before you play it a whole bunch (it risks damage), you should consider contacting a relevant (national) archive to see if it is footage that is already part of the historical record. If it isn’t, you may want to consider letting them take charge of it to ensure it’s proper conservation. Just a thought.

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you play it a whole bunch (it risks damage), you should consider contacting a relevant (national) archive to see if it is footage that is already part of the historical record. If it isn’t, you may want to consider letting them take charge of it to ensure it’s proper conservation. Just a thought.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so very much for sharing that with us !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread