What's new

9 inch or 11 inch coil for beach manticore

Indiana Boy

Greenie
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
I was told the 9 inch is better for the beach but what do the beach hunters prefer on here ? 9 inch came today and going to get the detector out and get it set up. Putting the 9 inch on first probably, but do you guys that have these two coils what do you prefer
 
Beach doesn't have a lot of trash, at least in the wet sand and into the water, generally speaking. So, target separation isn't as critical. Coverage is important. You would probably be able to use higher sensitivity with the 9" compared to the 11", but with the 11" being larger the depth would probably wash out I'd assume. I'd go for the coverage, 11", personally, for wet/dry sand. The 9" will have less drag in the water.
 
Im going to be at Melbourne beach so I don’t think I can detect in the water. The guy I got it from hunts in that area, and he recommended the 9. Thats what way im leaning right now and have faith in opinion. Just wondering what others think, and use.
 
Never hunted on the beach. With that said, I would recommend the 9" everywhere. The M9 is just an all-around great coil!
 
On the sand, the bigger the coil the better....unless it's REALLY trashy. In the water, a smaller coil has less resistance and falsing.
 
I will most likely try both , while im at it. Wont be hunting on the beach to many times, im pretty sure. Put machine together and charged yesterday. Played in the yard abit. Its so lite. Have the 9 inch on for now. Think im going to like my new toy. Thanks for the responses.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom