What's new

#98 LC and #3 for 2007 plus video of recovery

Don in SJ

Silver Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
4,938
Reaction score
859
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always carry my digital camera and since it has video capability, every now and then I will shoot some. This morning when I got a noway it could not be a coin reading, I decided to gamble and record the recovery. Usually when I do this the "coin" ends up being a large 1790's button which reads the same lots of times. ::)

This time it was a coin and it was a Large Cent, darn if it is not in horrible shape but I did manage to get the date and then attribute the variety, again, I do not feel real bad about it, it is a Noe 6 variety, the most common and least valuable one. If that is any consolation to me. :)

It was a very unusual morning at the site, no other artifacts, just loads of shotgun casings and some iron, No Buttons today :(

If you have dial-up forget the video and enjoy the photos, otherwise, find the coin with me! ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~slospokes2/Site_214_LargeCent.wmv


Don
 

Attachments

  • LCrevdirty.webp
    LCrevdirty.webp
    56 KB · Views: 841
  • 1829Coronet_Noe6reduced.webp
    1829Coronet_Noe6reduced.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 821
  • Site214 Totals.webp
    Site214 Totals.webp
    104.2 KB · Views: 844
Upvote 0
Cool Video! I am glad to see that I am not the only one that has to paw through dirt and recheck over and over to find the target! :)
 
Thanks for sharing Don. Looks like one of my days, minus the large cent that is. Nice coin, beautiful woods, you got OUT! Keep up the good work!
 
Hi don.
I liked the video,well done on the coin.
Can I just say, when I'm looking for a find in a pile of dirt
I pick up a hand full and scan it, if theres no signal I throw the dirt back
in the hole,keep doing that 'til you get the find.
That way you get your find quicker and you fill in the hole at the same time. ;)

HH dave.
 
davesx said:
Hi don.
I liked the video,well done on the coin.
Can I just say, when I'm looking for a find in a pile of dirt
I pick up a hand full and scan it, if theres no signal I throw the dirt back
in the hole,keep doing that 'til you get the find.
That way you get your find quicker and you fill in the hole at the same time. ;)

HH dave.

Ah Dave, did you forget I was holding a camera in my other hand? ;D
That was not my normal recovery procedure and also, I just took off the Sunray Probe the day before and not used to not having it to scan the pile. :)

Don
 
Hey Don. Cool video and nice find. The fact that you didn't find the coin right away in the pile was funny.
 
Mirage said:
Hey Don. Cool video and nice find. The fact that you didn't find the coin right away in the pile was funny.

LOL, you should have seen me trying to find my first Half Dime in a pile of dirt! (seemed like ten minutes)

;D
 
Very nice Don! Loved the vid as well. You should do that more often. Matter of fact, there should be a forum here for vids.
 
QUESTION??? Did any dialup users view the video, if so, was it OK? I was not sure how much to downsize the video without sacrificiing clarity too much, so I left it a bigger file than I usually would do. Looking for some feed back, please. (For future posts of course) :)


Don
 
Awesome find, Don...enjoyed the video too. ;D

;) RR
 
WTG Don.....The video was great...I also enjoyed it. Thanks.
 
Nice video and nice clean job Don! HH, Mike
 
WTG! Excellent find, good video. Motor on!

Red Thunder
 
Nice large cent Don

HH Jer
 
Thanks for the vid Don, like it's been said here already, felt like you took us out on that hunt! Congrats on the coin.
 
Excellant video Don! Felt like we were right there with you. I Had the same problem one time when i was recovering a Seated dime from about 8 Inches. The coin showed dime before i dug after i dug the plug with about 5 inches of soil it would`nt lock anymore, but when i went to pinpoint the coin with the detector, it would still beep. I think a lot of times when a coin is in the ground that long the metal leeches out of the coin into the ground and sometimes changes the coin I.D. on the detector. what do you think? Very nice coin Don HH Coinman66
 
nice find Don. The video was great. Wish more of us would have videos of our hunts, but like you said, more things to carry adds on more weight.

Congrats on the LC

Funkman
 
Don,
Congrats on the finds. Being new to the hobby it is nice to see what other people are finding especially in NJ where I'm also from. If I start counting I would be #1 LC and 0 for 2007. I found my first large cent on Dec 30th and I hope there are many more to follow. Haven't made it out in 2007 yet but I'm getting the itch big time.

Thanks again for sharing the pics and video and best of luck with your hunting in 2007.
John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom