Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,This my big project for the year.Hundreds of hours work and i have managed to keep quite for good reason.Since March i been working up and down a gully near to a place called Christmas Reef.The md used was a P1 unit SD 2200 with a trakline custom coil.Most of the finds were found at a depth of 15 inches plus.
Yes had to dig up every thing but i think it was a great hunt i have ever had.

History Gold was found in late Dec 1851 by Margret Kennidy, local wife of a sheep herder in the Bendigo Creek.Within 3 months more than 70,000 miner had taken up claims in 26 square miles.More than 13 million ozs of gold was found in the first year.Miners from 28 countries came.

My interest was in area where the american 49ers camped and had claims.Places with names like California Gully,Yankee creak and numerous other names.Some 17000 49ers.the picture speak for themselves.

This might just be one hell of a picture show.Enjoy and hope you all have as much luck as i have had this year.Good luck for next year

tinpan

Attachments

• 49er 0p3 (768 x 576).jpg
    49er 0p3 (768 x 576).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 7,487
  • 49er 001 (768 x 576).jpg
    49er 001 (768 x 576).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 7,341
  • 49er 004 (768 x 576).jpg
    49er 004 (768 x 576).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 7,279
Upvote 4
CRUSADER said:
romeo-1 said:
That is amazing! Personally I would be more interested in the relics and would use the gold to upgrade my equipment. Nice finds!

Totally agree with that one.

Thanks for your suggestion but knowing where to look is the big part of my hunts.Trying to find the remains of gold puddler in a regrow forrest takes a fair amount of skill and the md is part of the hunt.

tinpan

Attachments

• PUDDLER.gif
    PUDDLER.gif
    109.5 KB · Views: 3,799
That is some gorgeous gold! Love the relics too! Congrats!

Your puddler pic has me curious how the contraption worked? Are puddlers unique to Australia or to reef deposits in general?

Nice gold nuggets and relics...really like to see those finds! :thumbsup:

HOLY CRAP! Congrats!! I take it that these locations are not so. Cal. :(

I would luv to hunt something like this!

Just wonderfull Tinpan,
I can not take my eyes from the gold !!!
What a feeling !!!

I wish you the New Year to bring you all the best,
Digman

FANTASTIC way to end the Year! My Congratulations to you!

I really like the Wreath. Even though they were worn in the Gold Fields, some of
those same guys were in the Civil War and this part of the buckle could be one of a
Confederate soldiers belt buckle. Heck one of my hunter partners here in Ohio found a
Officers Sword Belt plate, in a hill of dirt at a construction site. You just never know.

Again, Congratulations on the Gold and Relic finds. AWESOME!

HH, Ringfinder

OMG!!! What a find and more importantly thanks for sharing the results of your hard work. Pics like that warm the blood and muscles limber over this cold winter. Can't wait for it to thaw out a little bit so I can start swinging again.

Wow Tinpan, i dosnt come much better than that, you must have close to 10oz in gold and a gun to keep the thieves away. how long were you digging for?

Again congrats Sasnz

Man that is by far some very impressive finds , keep up the good work ..

Awe inspiring Tinpan. Congratulations.

Yes Mr. tinpan Awe inspiring...as in "aw gee willikers, wish I could find some of those yeller rocks"?....NGE

thanks for the replies and i have something a little bigger to post in a few days ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back