A Barber, An Indian And Wheat Penny Target Practice...

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out last week after work and door knocked at a house that sits on a huge lot and was built in the 20's. I got permission to hunt it for a bit before dark. There was only a few good signals but two were silver, a Rosie & a Washington. There is a huge old tree that is on the far corner of her property, and she told me there was an old house by that tree years ago and I could come back and look around there. So that is where I went the next evening. I hunted the iron infested yard and managed another Rosie, a 1905 Indian, an old flat button and a couple of wheats . I went back on Friday to hunt the grown over gravel drive, and found a nice Barber dime, a few wheat cents, a Canadian penny and a piece of play money. Old driveways are tough do dig in, but there can be some goodies left because of that same reason. I went out yesterday afternoon with a friend, but we had a tough time finding a place to go. At one place I found 3 wheat pennies from the 40's, that someone had fun shooting. HH David

Day1_zpsb16beacd.jpg

Day2_zpsc402accd.jpg

1905Indian_zpsb6dc9c79.jpg

1906BarberDimeDirt4_zpsae142a34.jpg

1906Barber1_zpsb3e1a0c0.jpg

Day3_zps205df410.jpg

DSC06981_zps4bea98e3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha......... hate to admit it but I have murdered a many a coin with a .22lr as a kid. Never in my life shot street signs etc but considered a coin on a fence post fair game. Looks like a great old yard. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20.gif they used to call detecting for coins - coinshooting

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds, I enjoy finding shot up coins. HH

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Fantastic! Gotta love the old silver and Indian Heads. I also really like the coins that have been shot. I have quit a few in my collection too. Reminds me of all the coins I shot when I was a kid, and then I couldn't find.

View attachment 865341

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions