A better reply to kyskinner

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyskinner ask about the depth of Fors CoRe and I am afraid I did not respond as well as I could have so sorry kyskinner and here is my limited results.

Working in the two disc. Modes DI2 which is two tone and DI3 which is 3 tone and using the factory presets, sensitive 50 out of 99 and disc of 10 and stock coil.
In my test garden using silver dime buried at 8" with a ground balance of 47,i have mild ground here, both modes will readily hit the dime with dig me audio. The DI2 mode hits harder but the DI3 still gives a good solid high tone from any direction.

Even better yet is that the stock coil will also hit my 6" vertical dime with authority. And icing on the cake is that the small coil will also but I have to boost the sensitivity about 15 points with it.

Been double busy the last few days and a steady rain for the last two so I am behind on test and putting it to actual field use. Just a first opinion is that this machine fits in where a good CZ3d would be at its best but will trump it by a large margin. Just an opinion guys and that may change so don't shoot me yet.

Also I am finding the pinpointing with the stock coil is a lot easier than any dd coil I have ever used.

Thanks for reading.
TL

Last edited:

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that o.k. thanks for information

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to clarify something about the small coil and the 6" dime on edge. The small coil will hit it hard with the preset sens.of 50 from any direction but in DI3 I needed to bump the sen.up to a about 65 to get a consistant high tone from any direction you care to try.

My CTX with the 6" coil will hit it hard from any direction but not with any type of dig me tone or vid. I am a little disappointed with those results.The 11" coil slams it and I dug a Merc. at a honest 9" with it.It was stuck in the side of the hole almost completely vertical with a good tone and vid.

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Looter,
i really do thank you for your review on this machine,i have read alot of reviews about this machine and all sounds good havent found any bad ones yet. i hunt around these old house sites trying to get the best machine that i can,thats why i asked you about the depth and things , thanks

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
If your Hunting heavy Iron and trash Kyskinner,the fors really shines in this area.She is very deep.I did a video awhile back,Fors Core on a 10 inch US dime.Picked it right up.Had to bump the sens up to 90,but got a good signal with VDI.I strictly used minelab for years.But i was tired of dealing with Iron null.I knew I was missing stuff.I was able to park the ctx after I bought the fors core .(I also use the Deus alot now).I can go into a site and feel confident Im not missing something the ctx would have found.Instead Im finding stuff in the Iron the ctx would have missed.So if you want depth and great iron capabilities the fors wont do you wrong.For the money I dont know of any better detectors with the same value/performance. HH Jim T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread