What's new

A big trip with a lost point (broken)

Fossil_adult

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
169
Reaction score
897
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunetly, things like this happen. I had found a new native american site, and went there. I found 3 points, some native pottery, and a few pieces of colonial pottery as well. On the way back, the point must have fell out of my pocket and it got lost. Luckily it was small and broken up pretty good, so not a huge loss but nonetheless it reminds me to be more cognizant on handling artifacts when found. They should have been bagged up, so that was my mistake. But, all and all, I got some great finds otherwise. I really can't wait to come back to this particular spot! There is still so much territory which I haven't covered yet. Here is the assemblage of finds from this new site.

2341.webp

Notice the little quartz point. That is the one thay got away from me 😔

Otherside of the relics:
2342.webp

Heres everything found there displayed. This place has a lot of potential. Hopefully I find a complete one here next time!
2352.webp


Otherside:
2353.webp


Yet another piece to the native american puzzle I've been trying to crack in my area. I have now found a lot of new sites, so I think you'll be seeing a lot more of these posts from now on. Hopefully yall will enjoy this!
 

Attachments

  • 2353.webp
    2353.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 12
Yes please keep posting we enjoy seeing it. May I ask what state you are in? Might help with the native pottery.
Also check out the North American artifact section here they are pretty good.
Merry Christmas!
Tnmtns
 
Great finds! Thanks for posting.
 
Looks like you have a spot worthy of spending some time at, however; I see pieces that look like natural stone and pottery that doesn't look like native American to me.
 
Looks like you have a spot worthy of spending some time at, however; I see pieces that look like natural stone and pottery that doesn't look like native American to me.
Yea most of its colonial but I have a piece. You can see the tan piece is native american. All of those rock are worked. It may not come out well in the photo but if you'd like I can take closer pictures of some of them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom