Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had the chance to go out detecting before a storm hit us. Good day with more roman than other finds. OTWBTTC i got a roman silver i was happy about, at home i traced it was a silver plated copper core coin. Only other roman find was a part of a bracelet. We left when we nearly blown off the field and signals no longer hearable in the headphones...

Roman finds. My fave is the Maiorina of Magnentius 350-353 a germanic emperor (top left).
https://www.ma-shops.de/zufahl/item.php?id=1518
37841117hz.jpg

37841118af.jpg

Other stuff
37841120py.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Upvote 22
Holy Moly those are some of the coolest looking coins Ive ever seen I would have hunted right through any storm for those and proboly would hardly ever sleep Great job my friend Amazing finds Tommy

If I had a spot giving up coins like that, I would have been crawling on my belly to keep searching. Fantastic finds.

Holy Moly those are some of the coolest looking coins Ive ever seen I would have hunted right through any storm for those and proboly would hardly ever sleep Great job my friend Amazing finds Tommy

The field had a deep plough and it looks like some good quality coins were pushed up. My buddy had a beauty of a Sestercius with fantastic lime green patina. I've seen barely a handful of that nice ones in all these years.

Those are some exciting finds in nice shape. Congrats!

Hmmm... Metal Detecting in a storm sounds like a "striking" thing to do.LMAO.gif

-DH-

Awesome finds!

It stormed here too. Luckily I was only an empty lot away from home.
-DH-

Good result, may your next one be solid!

Super cool thanks for sharing. That much roman could be fatal to detectorists from the USA! I couldn't handle it!

Great hunt, big congrats! :occasion14:

Congratulations on the great finds. Nice photo's too.:icon_thumright:

Looks like you've found another good spot Lu. Is the silver coated coin made that way or is it a counterfit? Good luck.

Looks like you've found another good spot Lu. Is the silver coated coin made that way or is it a counterfit? Good luck.

Hey Tim, these Silvers with copper core were made that way. Some Denarii had a high copper content alloy, others had a copper core between thin layers of higher grade silver. Usually the later coins had less silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back