What's new

A couple of buckles and a whats its

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They seem to be iron. The curve one I think is brass.
The whats it is brass.

Clayton
 

Attachments

  • USAA 006.webp
    USAA 006.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 315
Maybe an early coke spoon.IDK....NGE
 
Upvote 0
It looks to me like a wrench of some kind. Sort of like an outside water valve would need. The wrench goes with you so others don't mess with whatever it operates.
 
Upvote 0
They are buckles, alright, but I'm not up on buckles. T-net will have someone offer help. You'de be surprised at the amount of experts on the net. Good luck.

TimC
 
Upvote 0
Bumpstick said:
Shoe Horne?

Now that's something to think about. It has the little scoop shape on it. It could be.

TimC..I don't think any of the buckles are "keeper" relics. I'd just like to ID them.
I've done some looking. I will keep digging.

Clayton
 
Upvote 0
How big is it ? Looks like a foot pedal for an air operated device or possibly an organ or piano.
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking of drawer pull, but its not quite right :icon_scratch: Square holes are very common for furniture fixings
 
Upvote 0
It may not be quite right, But it resembles the inner workings of a saddle horn.
 
Upvote 0
I think all the buckles are horse tack buckles... still used today. The upper left buckle is called a "conway" buckle.

Well - I dunno about the long ovalone... maybe that was off a cotton cinch strap or something?

The spoon looking thing, I think, could be from horse furniture as well. A saddle or tack decoration.
 
Upvote 0
Jim,

I think you may be right, they all could be horse tack buckles.

The large one 2" 1/4 X 2" 1/4 would be about the right size for a buckle for a man.
I don't know.

The Ovalone buckle is 3" X 7/8

The other one is 1" 3/4 x 1" 3/8

Clayton
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Mystery coin
Replies
4
Views
540
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Nepoleon item
Replies
3
Views
468

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom