What's new

A couple of buckles awedding band and more

pcc

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2015
Messages
21
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Ace 350
T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped on the way home for a couple of hours and I'm glad I did. Found a coin not sure what it is yet, a wedding band and a couple of buckles. Found some iron rings any ideas what they may be? The big silver thing had me scratching my head until i figured out it was part of a perk pot.

IMG_0681.webp

IMG_0685.webp
 
Upvote 10
Love that us buckle! Congrats
 
I found out today what the "coin" I found was. It's not a coin at all but a 1837 "Hard Times" token know as “Jackass running” it's one of the first instances of the symbol of the “Democratic party” of Andrew Jackson. The issuer is critical of the policy of eliminating the Bank of the United States (I FOLLOW THE ILLUSTRIOUS STEPS OF MY PREDECESSOR). The obverse legend says: 1837 EXECUTIVE EXPERIMENT, and above FISCAL AGENT referring to the tortoise. On the tortoise’s back is a treasure chest, representing the funds of the United States and on the chest is SUB TREASURY, which refers to the independent “sub-treasury” system that the government established.

Pretty neat piece of history and I would guess fairly rare. Here's a picture of what it looks like butt, mine isn't in as good of shape.

10470.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom