What's new

Bucket Lister from the Comstock!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,879
Reaction score
47,434
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the spot I discovered last week, armed with two new programs for the D2. I fed all the parameters of my equipment and the ground and trash conditions of the site and let Grok suggest the programs.
I actually dug quite a few great sounding targets that my favorite old program failed at completely!
I only hunted a couple of hours before the heat got to me. I'll return when it's not so stinkin' hot!

IMG_1731.webp


The keepers all cleaned up:
IMG_1738.webp



Been jonesing to find one of these since I first started detecting!
IMG_1736.webp


This seems to be some sort of toy wheel, but I can't find a match online. At first I thought it was a gyroscope, but the outer ring looks too light. Made of white metal.
IMG_1737.webp


This is a 1874 patent version of a H.L. Judd window sash or shutter lock assembly (US patent No. 155,379).
IMG_1741.webp


Other items included a copper wedding band, a sash buckle, key, buttons, opium bottle, lid from a Dalley's Magical Pain Extract, and an iron coat hook which will be put to use in my shop.

IMG_1740.webp


One of the programs that Grok suggested was "Nail Killer" (Grok suggested the name). When I got to a spot that was literally covered with visible nails on the surface, I switched to it and immediately found the two harmonica reeds. None of the other programs (I have 24 loaded) gave a peep in that nail patch!
I know there are coins in this place, and I'm not stopping until I extract them. 😜
 
Upvote 22
Nice digs there Oldmxrat! Is the Nail Killer a zero-disc based program? Those seem to hit nonferrous for me when nothing else will when in the heavy patches of iron.
Thanks!
The disc is at 5.5 on that one.
 
I went back to the spot I discovered last week, armed with two new programs for the D2. I fed all the parameters of my equipment and the ground and trash conditions of the site and let Grok suggest the programs.
I actually dug quite a few great sounding targets that my favorite old program failed at completely!
I only hunted a couple of hours before the heat got to me. I'll return when it's not so stinkin' hot!

View attachment 2259278

The keepers all cleaned up:
View attachment 2259280


Been jonesing to find one of these since I first started detecting!
View attachment 2259279

This seems to be some sort of toy wheel, but I can't find a match online. At first I thought it was a gyroscope, but the outer ring looks too light. Made of white metal.
View attachment 2259281

This is a 1874 patent version of a H.L. Judd window sash or shutter lock assembly (US patent No. 155,379).
View attachment 2259282

Other items included a copper wedding band, a sash buckle, key, buttons, opium bottle, lid from a Dalley's Magical Pain Extract, and an iron coat hook which will be put to use in my shop.

View attachment 2259283

One of the programs that Grok suggested was "Nail Killer" (Grok suggested the name). When I got to a spot that was literally covered with visible nails on the surface, I switched to it and immediately found the two harmonica reeds. None of the other programs (I have 24 loaded) gave a peep in that nail patch!
I know there are coins in this place, and I'm not stopping until I extract them. 😜
Congratulations, my friend, on those excellent pieces. Keep working toward that spot—the coins will be coming out soon.
 
Congratulations, my friend, on those excellent pieces. Keep working toward that spot—the coins will be coming out soon.
Thanks, I sure hope so brother!
 
Congrats on your first Crotal bell and the rest of those nice relics.
 
Find the rest of that Magical Pain Extractor.....I could use some of that! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom