Davers
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2013
- Messages
- 8,237
- Reaction score
- 7,296
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N.of , I-285...GA
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I've noticed in my area [mostly in the last 10 or 15 years ] that every time they build a Gas station or Walmart etc, that they build a retaining pond that is fenced off [usually with a higher overflow tower in the middle. I,m 99% sure it'e Code.
When these things are built is there some type of barrier put in the bottom to keep all the run off pollutants like oil , gas , & other auto liquids from slowly seeping into the ground?
Kinda like at a landfill.
Are these things good for the Ducks ,Geese & Frogs I see in them sometimes .
Just thinking. my wife says I think of some of the" stupidest stuff".
But like they say = Question Everything
Davers...............

When these things are built is there some type of barrier put in the bottom to keep all the run off pollutants like oil , gas , & other auto liquids from slowly seeping into the ground?
Kinda like at a landfill.
Are these things good for the Ducks ,Geese & Frogs I see in them sometimes .
Just thinking. my wife says I think of some of the" stupidest stuff".
But like they say = Question Everything
Davers...............

No mutant frogs or fowl I've ever heard of coming from such ponds but considering the run off they are catching~ let mother nature take care of it. Microbes work wonders in conjunction with plants and algae.






