What's new

A day hunting in the river.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
499
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
The creek was running a bit muddy but the river looked OK. For the second day out in a row no coins were found. I found lots of metal junk though and a couple what's it items. My friends wife found the Weir lid and gave it to me. It cleaned up pretty well. I found two bottles. The one is embossed - GARWOOD'S FLORIDA WATER PHILADELPHIA. I'm thinking about starting a scrap metal business. I'm always finding it and dragging it home. Well better luck next time. Thanks for looking. DD.
 

Attachments

  • 723finds.webp
    723finds.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 582
  • 723bottles.webp
    723bottles.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 567
  • dirtyweirlid.webp
    dirtyweirlid.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 577
  • cleanweirlid.webp
    cleanweirlid.webp
    68 KB · Views: 591
Upvote 0
Keep looking, there's stuff out there! Just last night when I was out my neighbor told me a story of how this school teacher found a Spanish military helmet that was about 350 years old in one of our local rivers.
 
Scrap metal pays my friend..I always seperate my metal when I get home..Chunks of Brass, Lead , and Copper are all good finds to me..
 
doesnt hurt to toss the copper and brass and alike into a box till it piles up a bit. the stuff is going for real money right now. i save it all and take it in about once a year. always seems to bring my a couple of hundred just when i can use it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom