What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED A DISK?

amizengo

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have found this heavily metallic disk when digging treasure.Its diameter is 60mm weight 400gm.It attracts metal as a magnet.
Can somebody tell me what is it?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230228_152710.webp
    IMG_20230228_152710.webp
    223.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20230306_114557.webp
    IMG_20230306_114557.webp
    216.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20230306_114437.webp
    IMG_20230306_114437.webp
    82.2 KB · Views: 81
The size may indicate that it was an insert to a furniture knob that has been knocked out. I have seen glass knobs with brass inserts on vintage furnature.
 
Upvote 1
Is it the same on both sides?
 
Upvote 0
The size may indicate that it was an insert to a furniture knob that has been knocked out. I have seen glass knobs with brass inserts on vintage furnature.
That’s an interesting idea.
 
Upvote 0
I’m wondering about the magnetic aspect. It draws iron to it, or it is attracted to magnets? If the piece is strongly magnetic, I’m uncertain why it would be part of a doorknob or a paperweight. Neither require magnetic properties as far as I’m aware.
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom